Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is going on with these crazy people............This was not at the Nevada and Cali border, it was at the California-Arizona border....not going to mention the trailer park.....I figure we can all guess which one...

Man kills 2, kidnaps ex-girlfriend
Saturday, August 22, 2009 ONTARIO, Calif. (KABC) -- Three people were killed and a woman was kidnapped in a murder-suicide in Ontario, police said Saturday.
Officers were called to the scene of a shooting at house on the 2700 block of East Chaparral Street at about 5:30 a.m. When officers entered the home they found a 21-year-old male and his 48-year-old mother shot to death. Their names have not been released.
More: Most Popular stories, videos and more
More: Get breaking news alerts
The gunman, Joey Demello, 25, is believed to be the ex-boyfriend of Ashlee Saldana, who was staying at the house that night. After the shooting Demello took Saldana from the home against her will.
Officers later found Demello's body at a trailer park near the California-Nevada Border. Investigators said he shot himself. Saldana was found near the scene but was not hurt. Officers said Demello was on active parole.

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
Is Park Moabi and Pirates Cove or whatever it is called the same location?

Yes, Pirate's Cove (the Channel & Beach area leading to the marina and ramps), and the Naked Pirate Bar are at Park Moabi.

·
Member In Training
1,985 Posts
He shot himself on the beach/shoreline and his body landed in the river........People everywhere.....
Not good, especially for any kids that may have been in or around the general or immediate vicinity, just not something anyone really needs to "see" ever...

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It was out at the farthest north peninsula at Moabi out on the river...I think #25...a group of campers were right there. They saw the guy walk backwards into the water with the firearm at ready position and then followed through with his final actions.

Thankfully they were there to pull him from the water for the LEO's to gather any remaining evidence. Also, thankfully it was not near the marina or the channel where there were tons of people and kids hanging out and that would have seen this very disturbing incident.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I'm sure somebody from this board will end up knowing some of the parties. There's a FB page with the name of a victim, not sure if it's the same, but the profile is a river pic. No common friends in my circle/network.

Godspeed to the victims . :(

·
MAMA TRIED
1,661 Posts
Does anyone have a link to this story. got a call this morning that one of the ladies that works with me (the mother) was murdered along with her son. It is related to this story. Nicest lady you would ever meet. They were also boaters. I'm in Parker as we speak. Thanks

1 - 20 of 30 Posts