1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Administrator
11,501 Posts
Could have been worse.

You could have drug your drive up the ramp too. :D

· Administrator
7,160 Posts
Knock on wood.

I can say I have done it but have remembered before the boat left the trailer.

· Banne'd
2,426 Posts
I have not had that happen. But I did test a boat, and the owner forgot the plug. He was parking the truck and I was running his boat onto the sandy rocky shore line.

I'm not to fond of the brass screw in plugs, I use the rubber ones and twist them in and then tighten them up.

· Living in a cage of fear
16,524 Posts
I have a check list on the garage wall I run down for each boat before I leave the drive way.

Miller has certain things, Hydro has certain things. BOTH have "PUT PLUGS IN!!" at the bottom. :)devil:)devil:)devil

· I'm baaaaack...
4,238 Posts
I did it in the jet. A 16 foot boat doesn't have a lot of water it can take on. I ran both bilge pumps, shut it off, got out and put in the plug - at least the plug was in the boat:)bulb

· Registered
574 Posts
I did it in the jet. A 16 foot boat doesn't have a lot of water it can take on. I ran both bilge pumps, shut it off, got out and put in the plug - at least the plug was in the boat:)bulb

My dad always used to pull the plug when the boat came out of the water. Put it in the Steering wheel. (one of those old three spoke ones)
If the plugs in the wheel, it's not in the boat!
I only forgot it once....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.