Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is stuff I think about...who desinged and knew the proper angel, when useing a open-end wench
They allways seem to fit..

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Proper ???

This is stuff I think about...who desinged and knew the proper angel, when useing a open-end wench
They allways seem to fit..
I'm quite sure I'm not alone when I say I have "modified" a few for a more proper fit... More so the box ends, like for the front inner bolts of an Enderle hat, but also a pretty good collection of bent up open ends when the designed "proper angle" just wasn't quite right.... Boats are easy compared to cars/trucks that have assembled drive trains before the body goes on... Just once I'd like to see a GM, or Ford, or Chrysler engineer have to work on their stuff when it is a completed assembly.... I won't even get into the "special angles" required when dealing with aircraft or ordnance.... You see, those "cheap" tools are good for something....
Ray

·
What the Hell is That?
1,633 Posts
My question is, why do we need SAE and metric. Pick one and stick with it. My old chevy was built in Canada and and a mix of both were on there.

·
Registered
537 Posts
The rest of the world did! Just you guy's are just a little behind. this is a map of countries still on the imperial system.. :)Unsure

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm quite sure I'm not alone when I say I have "modified" a few for a more proper fit... More so the box ends, like for the front inner bolts of an Enderle hat, but also a pretty good collection of bent up open ends when the designed "proper angle" just wasn't quite right.... Boats are easy compared to cars/trucks that have assembled drive trains before the body goes on... Just once I'd like to see a GM, or Ford, or Chrysler engineer have to work on their stuff when it is a completed assembly.... I won't even get into the "special angles" required when dealing with aircraft or ordnance.... You see, those "cheap" tools are good for something....
Ray[/QUO
10-4
I have modifed hand tools to suit my needs, like everyone else...I was amazed yesterday how you can usually grab atleast one flat when needed
never paid that much attention before..............

·
Distinguished Member
5,782 Posts
The rest of the world did! Just you guy's are just a little behind. this is a map of countries still on the imperial system.. :)Unsure
Hey we are converting to the metric system inch by inch!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts