Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a used smaller deckboat in the 22 to 24 foot range.
Any opinions or experience out there with these 3?
Placecraft 22
Ultra 23
Aftershock 24

Thanks for your advice,

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Well a lot of it all depends on where you boat. Some of those may get you tossed around and soaked say in havasu, but would be great river boats. And those are still small enough to go jet or drive.

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
smaller deck boat = skinny , skinny women

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We boat on the Lower Colorado/Lake Martinez area so this size boat works great for that area and fits our needs. Really curious about opinions on build and handling characteristics of the three different hulls? I would opt for minimum 496HO power. So even performance considering this power?

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback. I like the Placecraft as well. The others are just a little larger inside. Someone told me the 22 Pacecraft has the same hull as the 22 Daytona can you comfirm?

Thanks,

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts
With all the good deals on used 26-28' deck boats on the market, why go small? At some point, you will just end up wanting more room, stability, storage, etc... I would look at some of the killer deals on some nice slightly used ones instead.

·
mud slinger
2,012 Posts
We boat on the Lower Colorado/Lake Martinez area so this size boat works great for that area and fits our needs. Really curious about opinions on build and handling characteristics of the three different hulls? I would opt for minimum 496HO power. So even performance considering this power?

Thanks
With all the good deals on used 26-28' deck boats on the market, why go small? At some point, you will just end up wanting more room, stability, storage, etc... I would look at some of the killer deals on some nice slightly used ones instead.
He said he runs the lower river.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
I have a 22' Placecraft "sportcat" which I bought new in Nov '99. It all depends where you boat and how many people you want to take along. The PC with a jet is would be great between Blythe and Parker , about as big a boat as you would want but it would be a hard ride on a big lake on a Sunday. Placecraft added large trim tabs as std equiptment after mine was built probably to help sell to people boating on bigger lakes. The jets work best with 500HP or more , the owners with OI seemed happy with performance. From what I can see the Shock Wave is being laid up in the old Placecraft mold. Ultra had a 23' and I would expect the same comments as I made on mine reguarding ride and performance.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,838 Posts

Great advice! I have to agree.

I have a 4 friends with the Placecraft/Dominator Deck. Once they get in pretty choppy water expect a lot of water over the front. They are about as roomy as a 23 V open bow walk thru IMO(kinda defeats the deck boat purpose). However they are really nice boats if mainly used on the river(size). I say get a 28 and trim up! LOL

Thanks
I believe my buddy's with an HO runs low 70s. I wouldn't go any smaller than a 496mag. Whatever you do, don't buy new from Placecraft right now. Ask 5150wake how his build turned out last year.. he still hasn't taken delivery. Talk to Ultra or Shockwave!

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Talk to john d at ultra he's got a pretty bad ass ultra 23 deck on display which I believe is his its a nice boat/trailer/motor talk about bling....951-734-6000

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All good feedback! Thanks everyone. I think I will look at both the Ultra and the PC/Shockwave But will keep an eye out for a good deal on a 28 Fundeck or Conquest since I do really like these boats.

·
Registered
65 Posts
All good feedback! Thanks everyone. I think I will look at both the Ultra and the PC/Shockwave But will keep an eye out for a good deal on a 28 Fundeck or Conquest since I do really like these boats.
I have a 2009 Conquest that I'm getting ready to put up for sale. I live in Yuma and boat on the Lower Colorado/Lake Martinez area as well as Havasu. Send me a pm if you are interested.

Attachments

·
deckboat owner
480 Posts
Let me know if you come across anything "reasonably" priced in the Michigan area while you search...
I would love to upgrade to something like what you are talking about from my Regal Destiny 20 footer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Mine is a Jet - No performance issues I'm very happy with it. When it was being built a few of the 22' decks were coming back with performance complaints - they had 425 HP Marine Power 454. You need at least 500HP,they are a 3200lb boat Dry. Greg Shoemaker rigged one in '01 for a customer who had a 950 HP blown Chevy. It was a feature boat in Hot Boat Mag. it radared @ 105 MPH. I still have that magazine

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I am looking for a used smaller deckboat in the 22 to 24 foot range.
Any opinions or experience out there with these 3?
Placecraft 22
Ultra 23
Aftershock 24

Thanks for your advice,
If you have any questions on the Ultra 23 Shadow deck give me a call 951-734-6000

1 - 20 of 21 Posts