·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Looks like a nice boat for the price.

·
The Man
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I'm in the process of buying it. Haven't got ahold of the seller yet to ask him a few more question about it. Seems like a decent lake boat for the price.

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
Something seems wrong with the Hull ID number.If it was built by Eliminator in California, the HIN should start with "ELB". Mine does.

·
The Man
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm..I'll ask about that too. Sure don't want to have to drive from Tx to Cali and things not add up like they're supposed to.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hmm..I'll ask about that too. Sure don't want to have to drive from Tx to Cali and things not add up like they're supposed to.
I checked this boat out and it is most definitely not an eliminator (I called eliminator) and the guy flips a lot of boats. He knows full well it is not an eliminator so I would proceed with a lot of caution. His claimed hp for the boat seems really high and I looked at his other ads and seems as though this is his standard MO.

Buyer beware.

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
I checked this boat out and it is most definitely not an eliminator (I called eliminator) .
AZsquirtgun, could you elaborate on what Eliminator told you? I know that Eliminator was producing that hull design as the "Sprint" from late 70's until early-mid 80's. I have one that is an 80 and I know several others that have them as well.
It does seem odd, going back to the ad, that he calls it an "Eliminator Cobra" since he recently sold another one that he did call a "Sprint".

·
Registered
674 Posts
They said defacto that any boat manufactured by Eliminator is stamped ELB. Not saying the boat is crap, but if you look at his listings they are all big cam low hour boats. Just saying CYA.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I checked this boat out and it is most definitely not an eliminator (I called eliminator) and the guy flips a lot of boats. He knows full well it is not an eliminator so I would proceed with a lot of caution. His claimed hp for the boat seems really high and I looked at his other ads and seems as though this is his standard MO.

Buyer beware.
They said defacto that any boat manufactured by Eliminator is stamped ELB. Not saying the boat is crap, but if you look at his listings they are all big cam low hour boats. Just saying CYA.

Wow AZsquirtgun did you take up "PI" work on the side?:)devil

·
Registered
239 Posts
just spoke with the guy and he said he is selling it for his friend?? Anyways I would get some close up pictures of everyting before I drove that far to buy a boat. If the vin #'s do not match to a eliminator I would have him take a picture of the title front and back. thats my oppinion

·
Registered
674 Posts
just spoke with the guy and he said he is selling it for his friend?? Anyways I would get some close up pictures of everyting before I drove that far to buy a boat. If the vin #'s do not match to a eliminator I would have him take a picture of the title front and back. thats my oppinion
Told me he got it from his uncle LOL.

·
Registered
239 Posts
In biz 1994 out of biz 2007 ????????????

Details for Manufacturer Identification Code CXC

MIC:
CXC Status:
Out of Business
Company:
CLASSIC BARNEGAT Company Official:
WARREN, DON
Parent Company:
Parent MIC:

Address:
PO BOX 721 City:
MAYO
State:
MD Zip:
Phone:
Fax:
In Business:
8/31/1994 12:00:00 AM
Out of Business:
5/28/2007 12:00:00 AM Date Modified:
9/10/2007 12:00:00 AM
Type:
Outboards, Open Motorboats, Jon Boats Additional Address:
FACTORY ADDRESS: 4079 CADLE CREEK RD., MAYO, MD AT CASA RIO MARINA
Comments:
CATALINA INDUSTRIES PO BOX C GURDON AR 71743 OOB 05/07/76 GOING OOB 052807 & SELLING ASSETS TO CLASSIC BARNEGAT SNEAKBOXES (LUY)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts