Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered some of the Boat Bling Sauce from the Website and used PAYPAL and it has been a few weeks and nothing, the payment was processed, and e mail sent and nothing, hell i could've gone over to DANA Marine and bought the stuff of the rack there, but when i was there ot appears that you can stand in the showroom for 10 mins and noone will come to ask if you need help even after ringing the little bell a few times, i honestly could have walked out with whatever ... but common sense just told me not too... allergic to graybar motels...

Is Boat bling related to Empower Marine???

·
Registered
455 Posts
WOW!!!....coming out swingin'

I'm sure if you pm Rolin20s he will help you out. Probably just a misunderstanding, Patrick has a solid reputation as providing great customer service....
X2...........not the best way to handle this. Should have called him first.

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
I'm sure everybody has different ways of handling problems,
and I'm sure things happen on orders.

but shouldn't the business take care of business??

I'm not talking specifically about any business.

to me it seems customer service is in the shitter lately everywhere.

I'm not saying its a good idea to come on here bashing
peeps but you shouldn't have to.

·
1,278 Posts
I ordered some of the Boat Bling Sauce from the Website and used PAYPAL and it has been a few weeks and nothing, the payment was processed, and e mail sent and nothing, hell i could've gone over to DANA Marine and bought the stuff of the rack there, but when i was there ot appears that you can stand in the showroom for 10 mins and noone will come to ask if you need help even after ringing the little bell a few times, i honestly could have walked out with whatever ... but common sense just told me not too... allergic to graybar motels...

Good morning,
I just called Patrick and I'm sure we can clear this up by Tuesday afternoon! Sorry about the shipping issue, but we will clear it up ASAP. Have a great day...Carey
Lake Havasu Boat bling Distributor.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
In regards to standing in our showroom for 10 minutes with no assistance, unfortunately, due to the troubled economic position of the marine industry, we have laid off several sales people. It's not how we conduct business, we're just working with limited employees. The OEM business is simply gone. In the current state, we're doing the best we can.

It's nothing personal, we're short on people and the business level changes like the weather here in socal lately. One day I could use 4 more people, the next day they'd all be sweeping the floor.

The marine industry as many of you knew it is dramatically changing. Between a down economy and new emissions laws, it will never be the same again.

Even though waiting 10 minutes is not the correct answer, I can tell you we have positioned ourselves to weather the storm. When so many other companies are closing, we will continue to provide that showroom where you can get help, and where you can buy parts (even though it may take 10, 20, or even 30 minutes).

BTW - you're on camera when you come in. We see you come in, we're just on the phone inside the sales office.

·
HOT SAUCE HERE
749 Posts

Hi Mike,

I apologize for this issue. I'm assuming based on this that you order via Empower Marine and Shawn Wilson - a dealer of ours. Give me a call at 602-312-4550 and I will take care of this for you. If needed, I will send out your order out from Corp Boat Bling and then go handle the situation with the dealer myself.

Let me know when you ordered, what you ordered and an address that you want it sent to (email at [email protected] or PM)

I'm assuming you tried to contact Empower with little luck. I understand your frustration. I have placed a call to Shawn on your behalf. As I said, I trust and respect my dealers to do their job, however when an unfortunate situation like this occurs, I will act immediately to get the situation solved. My phone is on and I'm available most of the weekend.

Thanks,
Patrick
cell 602-312-4550

·
HOT SAUCE HERE
749 Posts
I'm sure everybody has different ways of handling problems,
and I'm sure things happen on orders.

but shouldn't the business take care of business??

I'm not talking specifically about any business.

to me it seems customer service is in the shitter lately everywhere.

I'm not saying its a good idea to come on here bashing
peeps but you shouldn't have to.
I agree with your thoughts 100%. We have built our business and relationships based on great customer service so to hear about a dealer not up holding our values and affecting our name, I'm very concerned and will take action. I was just talking with my girlfriend and a CEO friend the other day and stated how customer service is suffering all over. We are devoted to ensuring this is not a common trend with Boat Bling - PERIOD. We will continue to go above and beyond - its all we know as a company!

DMP -- thanks for responding. For anyone in the Corona area needing Boat Bling product, you can visit the showroom of Dana Marine, as well as Ultra Boats and Shockwave Boats.

Thanks,
Patrick
602-312-4550

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
I agree with your thoughts 100%. We have built our business and relationships based on great customer service so to hear about a dealer not up holding our values and affecting our name, I'm very concerned and will take action. I was just talking with my girlfriend and a CEO friend the other day and stated how customer service is suffering all over. We are devoted to ensuring this is not a common trend with Boat Bling - PERIOD. We will continue to go above and beyond - its all we know as a company!

DMP -- thanks for responding. For anyone in the Corona area needing Boat Bling product, you can visit the showroom of Dana Marine, as well as Ultra Boats and Shockwave Boats.

Thanks,
Patrick
602-312-4550
Glad to see a stand up Company these days:)devil

I believe it will be those companys that remember
customer service that weather the storm.

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
If needed, I will send out your order out from Corp Boat Bling and then go handle the situation with the dealer myself.

How is the new HQ these days Patrick??? :D :D :D

Even though I would have handled things differently, it would seem that this one has a happy ending. Patrick takes care of his customers and this is just an unfortunate story based on an unusual set of circumstances involving a distributor who seems to be a little less than on the up and up. :(

·
Registered
5,487 Posts

You could have definitely handled this better! I'm sure your a little frustrated, but your post came across like a two year old throwing a tantrum in the aisle because he didn't get a candy bar. Theres alot of people on this board that do business the correct way. A little civility goes along way.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good morning,
I just called Patrick and I'm sure we can clear this up by Tuesday afternoon! Sorry about the shipping issue, but we will clear it up ASAP. Have a great day...Carey
Lake Havasu Boat bling Distributor.
Thank you Carey, sorry for the mini rant, much appreciated.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You could have definitely handled this better! I'm sure your a little frustrated, but your post came across like a two year old throwing a tantrum in the aisle because he didn't get a candy bar. Theres alot of people on this board that do business the correct way. A little civility goes along way.
You don't know me very well, and thats fine, i've been around the boards for quite some time, i'm probably the least likely person to pitch a bitch about anything, Ask those that know me, i would bet they're pretty surprised at my little "2yr old Tantrum" Now if i have heard nothing but great reviews of the products, and of the customer service, and after ordering and having waited what seems to me to be a reasonable amount of time, i felt that i could come here , where i heard about the products and the amazing results whcih led me to purchasing the Hot Sauce products, and register my frustration. If that offended you well again let me apologize for being a consumer who appreciates good customer service.

As you can see from the above post Slowinhavasu has been kind enough to help me with my tantrum. A big thumbs up to him and a big thanks for coming on here and letting me know whats going to happen, THANKS AGAIN SIH, it is truly appreciated. MikeVG

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In regards to standing in our showroom for 10 minutes with no assistance, unfortunately, due to the troubled economic position of the marine industry, we have laid off several sales people. It's not how we conduct business, we're just working with limited employees. The OEM business is simply gone. In the current state, we're doing the best we can.

It's nothing personal, we're short on people and the business level changes like the weather here in socal lately. One day I could use 4 more people, the next day they'd all be sweeping the floor.

The marine industry as many of you knew it is dramatically changing. Between a down economy and new emissions laws, it will never be the same again.

Even though waiting 10 minutes is not the correct answer, I can tell you we have positioned ourselves to weather the storm. When so many other companies are closing, we will continue to provide that showroom where you can get help, and where you can buy parts (even though it may take 10, 20, or even 30 minutes).

BTW - you're on camera when you come in. We see you come in, we're just on the phone inside the sales office.
With regards to Dana Marines situation i completely understand about the company position in these troubled times, i believe that in your statement above that you have a camera and you see me in the showroom while on a sales phone, that you had noone to come to the showroom to help me but if i had wanted to take a sample of one of the fine Dana Products and walk out that you'd surely come running after me in the parking lot?

Sorry PB'ers for acting out of character with regards to this, i just wanted to make sure i wasn't being scammed on the 'net, and this matter will have a happy ending for this Happy irate "2yr. old" ....

·
Premium Member
3,136 Posts
You don't know me very well, and thats fine, i've been around the boards for quite some time, i'm probably the least likely person to pitch a bitch about anything, Ask those that know me, i would bet they're pretty surprised at my little "2yr old Tantrum" Now if i have heard nothing but great reviews of the products, and of the customer service, and after ordering and having waited what seems to me to be a reasonable amount of time, i felt that i could come here , where i heard about the products and the amazing results whcih led me to purchasing the Hot Sauce products, and register my frustration. If that offended you well again let me apologize for being a consumer who appreciates good customer service.

As you can see from the above post Slowinhavasu has been kind enough to help me with my tantrum. A big thumbs up to him and a big thanks for coming on here and letting me know whats going to happen, THANKS AGAIN SIH, it is truly appreciated. MikeVG
All I can say about Mike is that he posted free tickets to the L A boat show years back and took time out of his day to meet us and gave us the tickets. Hi Mike

·
Painter Guy
308 Posts
If you see customers come in, how on earth, in this challenging boating economy, can you afford to ignore them for 10 minutes?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts