Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend (girl sorry no pics) is ordering a 2010 Camaro. she ordered it 8-9 weeks ago. The original salesman called and said the invoice is in and car will be her in two weeks. The sales man is not working there anymore and now the dealership says it's going to be 6-8 more weeks and offers to refund the $1500 she put down. The said the invoice hasn't arrived because the car just went into build on 10Aug09 (8 weeks after the initial order).

Is there an order number created from day one when she ordered it?
Do you think it arrived and they sold it for more money?

The dealership says the factory is behind on orders.

What do you think is going on?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what i suggested last night. I'll give her the number. Jay rocks :D

·
Ex-Californian
437 Posts
My friend (girl sorry no pics) is ordering a 2010 Camaro. she ordered it 8-9 weeks ago. The original salesman called and said the invoice is in and car will be her in two weeks. The sales man is not working there anymore and now the dealership says it's going to be 6-8 more weeks and offers to refund the $1500 she put down. The said the invoice hasn't arrived because the car just went into build on 10Aug09 (8 weeks after the initial order).

Is there an order number created from day one when she ordered it?
Do you think it arrived and they sold it for more money?

The dealership says the factory is behind on orders.

What do you think is going on?

The answer to your question is YES they issue a build/job number once its entered into the system. It is a 6-8 week build Keep in mind that half the wait time is in Rail transportation..

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
4 months

I waited 4 months for my 09 Silverado. Special equipment slows down the process. :D:DAnd YES call Jay!!!!!!!!!:D:D..........Ray

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Something is wrong in my opinion. Salesman may have left no number to get ahold of her so when she called her car had already been sold. I don't know. I am willing to order car with no deposit whatever car gets in first BUY IT...

Jay Photoglou 714 552 0300

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all of you. She trying to get the workbench order number from the dealership. Thanks to the forum link.

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
I waited about 3months for them to build my Tahoe....back in '98. Then had dealers calling for a couple months wanting to buy it back (there was strike then and they were hard to come by). Doesn't surprise me they are behind on the Camaro though.

RTJas

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
How much?

What is the going price for a SS? Went to Foothill w/bro, $10K mark-up on all Camaros! I told him I would by a Corvette for that much (sticker was almost 60K!)
Jeff.
P.S. I heard Chevy is working on a deal with eBay, anybody know about this? Not to step on Jay's feet though.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
What is the going price for a SS? Went to Foothill w/bro, $10K mark-up on all Camaros! I told him I would by a Corvette for that much (sticker was almost 60K!)
Jeff.
P.S. I heard Chevy is working on a deal with eBay, anybody know about this? Not to step on Jay's feet though.
I checked it out. My sister just bought a pontiac g8 and got a way bettter deal than the starting price on Ebay for less car. And there where no Camaro's

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'd bet they sold it, and I've been told she is entitled to more than just her deposit back.....

·
Registered
694 Posts
That's what happens when the gov't get involved in business. Surprised they didn't want to refund the money with an IOU!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Get your money back. Three pages of them on Ebay and I bet you would save money finding someone that needed to sell one. I dont think people are standing in line for them right now even with the craze they created upon launch. Check out the ones with the ground effects package, I think its an SS/RS option. It has the square tailpipe bezels, front spoiler and side add ons. Looks much better IMO when match painted, but you dont see them with this option much.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
She called the dealership again and nobody knows what a order number is. They say they have never heard of this 6 digit number. From the website www.camaro5.com the order number is generated when the order is placed into the system. She requested a meeting with the owner.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Special orders

As I said, I waited 4 months for my truck, BUT Jay called me bi weekly with updates as to the progress. I put nothing down, completed the entire deal over the phone, and the truck was delivered to my home 2 days after it reached So Cal by train.......Also, a hurricane in the gulf was part of the delay as GM won't ship new cars through hail storms:)st....I had so much faith in Jay I never even shopped elsewhere, and wound up saving 1000s thru Jay.......Ray

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As I said, I waited 4 months for my truck, BUT Jay called me bi weekly with updates as to the progress. I put nothing down, completed the entire deal over the phone, and the truck was delivered to my home 2 days after it reached So Cal by train.......Also, a hurricane in the gulf was part of the delay as GM won't ship new cars through hail storms:)st....I had so much faith in Jay I never even shopped elsewhere, and wound up saving 1000s thru Jay.......Ray
Thanks for the info. I keep telling her contact Jay. She's going to try to work it out with this dealership. If it doesn't work out she maybe giving Jay a call.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts