Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this is anything like what is being proposed nationally, better hope if you're old you don't get sick.....Rationing at it's worst. The lady is denied agreesive chemotheraphy as not "cost effective" and instead offered hospice care or "Physcian Assisted Suicide".........:|err

This is not the United States of America I grew up in.....

The powerful story of Barbara Wagner demonstrates why this discussion is of utmost importance. When Barbara’s lung cancer reappeared during the spring of 2008 her oncologist recommended aggressive treatment with Tarceva, a new chemotherapy. However, Oregon’s state run health plan denied the potentially life altering drug because they did not feel it was "cost-effective." Instead, the State plan offered to pay for either hospice care or physician-assisted suicide
http://physiciansforreform.org/index.php?id=30

·
Administrator
11,649 Posts
I mentioned in the PRF government sponsored euthanasia. Here we are. Welcome to communism folks. Think it can't happen. Talk to some Germans that were around in the late 30's in Germany. It's all fun and games until the fun and games end and you didn't win a get out of jail free card.

Change comin. All that will be left will be the hope part unless citizens in mass put their foot down collectively on the politicians throats. Revolution is comin.

·
VOTE!
2,123 Posts
As bad as this is, it isn't just government. It is happening in the private sector as well, it's just not as much fun to talk about. If it were, Fox "News" would be out of business.

·
VOTE!
2,123 Posts
If you think that insurance companies aren't doing the same thing, less the suicide part, then you are mistaken.

Let me ask you this, are you against healthcare reform or just govt.-run healthcare?

G

·
As bad as this is, it isn't just government. It is happening in the private sector as well, it's just not as much fun to talk about. If it were, Fox "News" would be out of business.
Not sure why so many refuse to see this. Private insurers dictate treatment, not doctors.

·
Administrator
11,649 Posts
I'm against government run most anything. They can't even run government very well. Government's job is to govern "as representatives of the people, not their own private agenda" not run other enterprises like health care and automobile companies, banks, and insurance companies etc.

G

·
If you think that insurance companies aren't doing the same thing, less the suicide part, then you are mistaken.

Let me ask you this, are you against healthcare reform or just govt.-run healthcare?
I am for having the highest quality of healthcare that I can afford. I choose where I live, I choose the car or boat I own, I choose my dentist. Its my choice, not uncle sam's.

So I guess I'm against both, otherwise I'd move to Canada or France or some other country that makes those decisions for you.

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
If this is anything like what is being proposed nationally, better hope if you're old you don't get sick.....Rationing at it's worst. The lady is denied agreesive chemotheraphy as not "cost effective" and instead offered hospice care or "Physcian Assisted Suicide".........:|err

This is not the United States of America I grew up in.....

http://physiciansforreform.org/index.php?id=30
Have no fear, Obamacare advises "End Of Life Counceling" for old people, every 5 years.

G

·
Looked into this more closely to find out the details.

The cost of this experimental Chemo drug, for this cancer patient, is $4000 a month. IMO, this is a huge part of the problem we face with health care. $4000 for some pills. In the end, the drug company provided the meds to the patient for free.

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
Not sure why so many refuse to see this. Private insurers dictate treatment, not doctors.
Wrong (unsurprisingly), PATIENTS dictate treatment.

You, on the other hand, want BUROCRATS to dictate treatment.

What nation has Govt run medical care while simultaneously NOT rationing that care?

75% of Americans LIKE their medical care.

The 40-million uninsuured number is BULLCRAP.

The true number of involuntarilly uninsured that WANT INSURANCE, is more along the line of 15 MILLION, and they get any medical care they need.

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts

The cost of this experimental Chemo drug, for this cancer patient, is $4000 a month. IMO, this is a huge part of the problem we face with health care. $4000 for some pills. In the end, the drug company provided the meds to the patient for free.
So are you saying that her life isn't worth the $4000 and that assisted suicide should be the option?????

Oh and by the way, the O administration is now asking people to turn in anyone that is giving information on the healthcare bill that is different than what the administration is putting out. Kind of sounds like Nazi Germany. I would like to know what they are doing to those who are turned in????

G

·

How do you know those pills aren't worth $4000 a pop? I hear what you're saying, and I'm opposed to getting raked over the coals, but you have to understand these people are motivated by money, not by hugs and kisses. And how do you know they didn't pony up millions to develop the treatment in the first place? Are you opposed to allowing them to recover their expenses? Should they give the pills away for free?

Perspective is everything. $4K/mo is peanuts if it has the potential to save a loved ones life, right?

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
So are you saying that her life isn't worth the $4000 and that assisted suicide should be the option?????

Oh and by the way, the O administration is now asking people to turn in anyone that is giving information on the healthcare bill that is different than what the administration is putting out. Kind of sounds like Nazi Germany. I would like to know what they are doing to those who are turned in????
Do you have a link for the last part of your statement?

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
How do you know those pills aren't worth $4000 a pop? I hear what you're saying, and I'm opposed to getting raked over the coals, but you have to understand these people are motivated by money, not by hugs and kisses. And how do you know they didn't pony up millions to develop the treatment in the first place? Are you opposed to allowing them to recover their expenses? Should they give the pills away for free?

Perspective is everything. $4K/mo is peanuts if it has the potential to save a loved ones life, right?
Say it isn't so. We're all largely motivated to be paid with money. What, you don't accept chickens? I don't see how anyone can not understand without monetary incentive, there is no innovation.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts