Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a scaphoid fracture (small bone in the wrist) and may opt to have a screw inserted to cut down on recovery time. Can anyone recommend a good hand surgeon? Preferably in the Ventura County area, but North Orange county and LA County would work as well

·
Registered
944 Posts
dR.

Ian, call me and I will give you Julie's number - she just finished up her Masters in PA and did a few ortho rotations - she could help. She is in surgery right now with her new neuro job but later she can talk.

310-415-9395

Gary

·
Premium Member
7,846 Posts
Fullerton Orthopedic Surgery Medical Group. Dr. Eugen Williams.
Did wonders for me. I had a scaphoid break as well as a completely shattered elbow. Fullerton Orthopedic has the physical therapy attached so you can get the doctors and the PT's work together.
I too would have had a useless left arm if it wasn't for them.

http://www.fullertonorthopaedic.com/pages/williams.php

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help guys, I have a few appointemnts now. I have what I think is straight forward surgery, but want to get a few other opinions so I make sure I don't loose range of motion and spend as little time as possible in a cast.

·
GO CELTICS
2,034 Posts
The best I know of is the Buncke clinic in san francisco they are the best at all hand micro surgerys. phone number is 415-565-6136 they have a website to but I cant remember it.

·
2 miles from the water
344 Posts
Do what you can, I fractured/broke mine when I was 10-15 y/o...48 now and can barely write due to arthritis growth..The F%ker that did my surgery what off and died on me...some days i have to put it back in place (dislocation) on my own...

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have a scaphoid fracture (small bone in the wrist) and may opt to have a screw inserted to cut down on recovery time. Can anyone recommend a good hand surgeon? Preferably in the Ventura County area, but North Orange county and LA County would work as well
I broke my left hand scaphoid a few years ago. Mine wasn't as bad as yours but it was a long recovery. I saw a great ortho in South Orange County, but sounds like you have it handled. Good luck!
Mine was a motorcycle incident. How did your occur?

·
Premium Member
7,846 Posts
I forgot to mention that I also had a screw inserted into the scaphoid. It still took a while to heal as the scaphoid is one of the worst bones for healing. It took 10 weeks for mine. I had a prosthetic joint inserted into what was once my radial head in my elbow at the same time.

·
Dog Days of Summer
575 Posts
This is the guy that I use..

Prosper Benhaim, MD

Specialty Hand Surgery,
Orthopaedic Surgery
Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
Santa Monica-UCLA Medical Center and Orthopaedic Hospital
State License Number G65324

Phone: 310-206-4468
100 UCLA Medical Plaza, Suite 755
Los Angeles, CA 90095

Surgery of the Hand, American Board of Plastic Surgery, 2000
Plastic Surgery, American Board of Plastic Surgery, 1999

http://plasticsurgery.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=102&oTopID=21

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.