Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oscar quit in the eighth!

I did not see the fight but the reports are that Oscar looked huge next to the other guy but he couldn't match the speed.

Good night Oscar......

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts

I did not see the fight but the reports are that Oscar looked huge next to the other guy but he couldn't match the speed.

Good night Oscar......
he's been done for awhile, i was gonna watch it but knew paquiao(SP?) wanted it more. ya know oscar made bank on it , prob on both sides of the deal:D

·
Unhyphenated American
1,938 Posts
It was not even close. La Hoya got his ass handed to him. :):)punch:mad:

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Sad...he should have left the game years ago...He was completely out fought...
musta been outta $$$ to take the fight:D i like him, he just lost the drive long ago, the money/fame changed him.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
musta been outta $$$ to take the fight:D i like him, he just lost the drive long ago, the money/fame changed him.
He has roughly 750-850 million stashed away, he has stated that his goal was to be a billionaire before he retired. He has been the richest fighter in history for a while now but wants more (a great way to get hurt at his age and speed)...Oscar got a little over 21 million for the fight not counting the money from the promoters end, fact that it was a Golden Boy production so another 30 or so million...Manny out fought him every round and after the 4th Oscar's face said it all, he knew he was done for...almost got knocked out in the 5th and the 8th and Nacho (oscars trainer) got up yelling near the end of the 8th round and almost threw in the towel...round 8 finished and before round 9's bell rang Nacho threw in the towel...Oscar is still a great fighter but Manny out fought him every second of the fight... I am as equal a Manny fan as I am an Oscar fan...both great fighters but Manny is pound for pound best in the world today...next fight for him? I bet Hatton which happended to still be in vegas after his fight 2 weeks ago...he wanted the winner of this fight....there is even talk about Floyd Mayweather Jr possibly being talked into coming back to fight Manny...now that will be the fight of the year for sure... Anybody else go to the fight? we were in the media section next to the HBO cameras...

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
Boxers never know when they're done it seems, even the smart ones. Real shame.

·
Registered
953 Posts
He has roughly 750-850 million stashed away, he has stated that his goal was to be a billionaire before he retired. He has been the richest fighter in history for a while now but wants more (a great way to get hurt at his age and speed)...Oscar got a little over 21 million for the fight not counting the money from the promoters end, fact that it was a Golden Boy production so another 30 or so million...Manny out fought him every round and after the 4th Oscar's face said it all, he knew he was done for...almost got knocked out in the 5th and the 8th and Nacho (oscars trainer) got up yelling near the end of the 8th round and almost threw in the towel...round 8 finished and before round 9's bell rang Nacho threw in the towel...Oscar is still a great fighter but Manny out fought him every second of the fight... I am as equal a Manny fan as I am an Oscar fan...both great fighters but Manny is pound for pound best in the world today...next fight for him? I bet Hatton which happended to still be in vegas after his fight 2 weeks ago...he wanted the winner of this fight....there is even talk about Floyd Mayweather Jr possibly being talked into coming back to fight Manny...now that will be the fight of the year for sure... Anybody else go to the fight? we were in the media section next to the HBO cameras...
I am an Oscar fan too...had never watched Manny fight....but had some extra time so I tivo'd/watched all the 24hr shows leading up to the fight and then the fight and now I am real fan of Manny...the guy is just humble, quiet, and does his talking in the ring...think is faster then Sugar Shane in his prime as well....his jab was flat quick and precise.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Boxers never know when they're done it seems, even the smart ones. Real shame.
I think Boxers can be replaced with Athlete:.....Randy Couture, Carl Lewis, Lance Armstrong, Brett Farve, Ken Shamrock, Andre Agassi, Michael Jordon, Magic Johnson, Dennis Rodman, etc...

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts

Good night Oscar......
His uncle use to work for me .. He quit too :D

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Pacquiao donates over half of his winnings to the poor and less fortunate in the philippines, and is a dedicated family man! says alot about his integrity!...not to mention his jab is like a Hummingbirds wing! he hit De La joya 4 times within like a second and a half, amazing speed!
I am a fan of boxing, have never been into the whole Tap-out deal, i guess i got tired of watching cage fighting go the the mat round after round. some are interesting, but most are not to me.
Not to talk shit on the deal, but it seems that here locally, all you have is the kid in the lifted Domestic pick up with a HUGE Tapout sticker on the back window, right next to the even larger Metal Mulisha banner with a ballcap down covering his eyes, blasting his newage metal (wich is not metal at all!) covered in tattoo's waiting for a fight in traffic. its pretty amusing when you see it, its very similar to what you would see at the Havasu sandbar on any holiday weekend!

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I am an Oscar fan too...had never watched Manny fight....but had some extra time so I tivo'd/watched all the 24hr shows leading up to the fight and then the fight and now I am real fan of Manny...the guy is just humble, quiet, and does his talking in the ring...think is faster then Sugar Shane in his prime as well....his jab was flat quick and precise.
100% agreed. I have been a Manny fan for a long time now..he is very very impressive as both a fighter and a human being.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Yep, disappointing to see Oscar go out that way. Then afterward, he says his heart still wants to fight again. I'll wait to read about it. He tarnished his image last night. Out of shape, slow, and then quit. If I spend big $ to see a fight, the freaking fighters better not just quit. Boxing sucks. I used to be a huge fan, but no mas. Oscar wasn't even moving his head to avoid the relentless straight lefts that MP was throwing and landing at will. Looked like a big paycheck fight for Oscar, and nothing more. Oscar's face looked worse than I've ever seen him punished before. No way should he ever step foot in a ring again. Stick a fork in him.......he's done.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts