Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You "ain't" gonna believe this........"Our" President & Chief!

WHAT AN EMPTY HEADED PERSON HE MUST BE....

SEND THIS TO EVERYONE TO SHOW JUST WHAT HE THINKS OF OUR MILITARY WHO

FIGHT FOR OUR COUNTRY AND GET HURT PROTECTING OUR FREEDOM!!
HERE IS HIS RESPONSE WHEN HE BACKED OFF FROM HIS DECISION TO LET THE
MILITARY PAY FOR THEIR WAR INJURIES

Bad press, including major mockery of the plan by comedian Jon Stewart,
led to President Obama abandoning his proposal to require veterans carry
private health insurance to cover the estimated $540 million annual cost
to the federal government of treatment for injuries to military personnel
received during their tours on active duty.

The President admitted that he was puzzled by the magnitude of the
opposition to his proposal.

"Look, it's an all volunteer force," Obama complained. "Nobody made these
guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they
whine about bearing the costs of their choice? It doesn't compute.." "I
thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country,"
Obama continued. "I wasn't asking for blood, just money.
With the country
facing the worst financial crisis in its history, I'd have thought that the
patriotic thing to do would be to try to help reduce the nation's deficit.
I guess I underestimated the selfishness of some of my fellow Americans."

Please pass this on to every one including every vet and their families
whom you know.

How the world did a person with this mindset become our leader?

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
lol, i'd be willing to bet i could find 540 million in new obama fat we could cut to fund it:)bulb

·
Registered
991 Posts
Snopes said it is not factual, but rather from satire....

Still, even the IDEA of making the Soldiers carry their own health care insurance is ludicrous!

·
Dreaming of snow
1,053 Posts

Dealers: The link you provided states that the words used in that email are Satire, and that the only thing true about that comment is that there is a 540 mill portion of health care reform dedicated to cutting costs from millitary health care expenses.

While I dont like Obama, and dont like a majority of his policies. We also have to watch how much BS we tend to believe, because if you believe that the highest powered political figure in the world would be stupid enough to use those words, and that his staff would let them be said, then I have a plot of oil drenched land to sell you in Texas.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Dealers: The link you provided states that the words used in that email are Satire, and that the only thing true about that comment is that there is a 540 mill portion of health care reform dedicated to cutting costs from millitary health care expenses.

While I dont like Obama, and dont like a majority of his policies. We also have to watch how much BS we tend to believe, because if you believe that the highest powered political figure in the world would be stupid enough to use those words, and that his staff would let them be said, then I have a plot of oil drenched land to sell you in Texas.
You need to read more carefully.....Obama did indeed propose that veteran servicemen and women be required to get private insurance to treat combat and service related injuries sustained while on active duty. This "savings" would allow the $540M to be spent on other ObamaNonsense.

The "quote" in the email is fradulent, but the idea and expression of it by Obama is very real.

·
Seriously off center
2,439 Posts
because if you believe that the highest powered political figure in the world would be stupid enough to use those words, and that his staff would let them be said, then I have a plot of oil drenched land to sell you in Texas.
No, he's stupid enough to jump in the middle of a racial pissing match and call a cop stupid (paraphrasing). I don't like how someone wordsmithed him (his administration) floating a trial balloon about making vets pay for health care into a personal statement. He's stupid, but he's a Democrat... he knows how to have other take the fall.

·
Dreaming of snow
1,053 Posts
I agree that they should not make vets pay for health care. I agree that his comment about the police dept was uncalled for. However, this particular statement is fabricated. Im all for bashing the guy, lets just make it based on factual info and words that he has ACTUALLY said. If we dont, then we look just as stupid as he does.

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
That would be really tough to do....

·
Dreaming of snow
1,053 Posts
You need to read more carefully.....Obama did indeed propose that veteran servicemen and women be required to get private insurance to treat combat and service related injuries sustained while on active duty. This "savings" would allow the $540M to be spent on other ObamaNonsense.

The "quote" in the email is fradulent, but the idea and expression of it by Obama is very real.

Actually, you need to read more carefully. My orig statement said what you just stated, it just said that the STATEMENT was incorrect. I was just stating that the use of a quote when the quote was incorrect, should not be done or it makes us look dumb. Im all for flaming this guy for his policy, however make sure you use factual information. Do not get people in an uproar, by using a non factual quote. If people are smart enough, then they can read the info given in the proposed bill. By throwing out some BS statement that was not made, assumes that I am not smart enough to read/ understand the policies set forth in front of me.

·
skiing Parker since 1960
645 Posts
WTF? where have you people been living for the past year? Commander in chief ? my dying ass, I'd LOVE to see this kenyan sonofabitch unload out of a huey with live ammo coming at him from all directions. NOT only did this little prick suggest this very scenario, but he had the full backing of the "suckass" general that was heading the VA admin ( if ya really wanna know HIS name, snope it :|err and as far as "snopes" .......do ANY of you know who snopes is ?.............

I was drafted in 1967,............ ( BTW, I HAD to show my "certificate of live birth" just to get to be a lowly, buck private, I would think it reasonable that the "Commander in chief would be required do the same)..... did I want to go? , *** no,. ....nor did the majority of the other 20 something year olds that went in at that time. One of the biggest arguments "THEY" gave "US" was that no matter what happens, we're gonna take care of you for the rest of your life,...........PERIOD..............................NOT, "we'll take care of you UNLESS we go broke sending BILLION$ to 3rd world country's that nobody has ever heard of, etc.,etc.,etc,.

I go to the VA in Loma Linda, every 6 months, get a "physical", all my meds & dr's are 100 % free, as it should be. On the other hand, I've been waiting for 4 months to get into the hospital to get a ruptured disk in my neck tended to. You people are gonna lOVE government run health care :rolleyes:

IF I were in active duty today, I would refuse to salute this little prick, I mean shit, he stirred somekind of controversy over as simple a thing as saying the pledge of alegiance to the flag of the United States of America :|err ( once again, snope it if ya really wanna know ) :rolleyes:

Rant over :)hand
God Bless America.....................we NEED it

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Don't believe everything snopes says.

·
skiing Parker since 1960
645 Posts
Don't believe everything snopes says.
Snopes..........................is a married couple, living in a trailer outside of Los Angeles Calif., Thier trailer is packed with almanacs, encyclapedias, reference books of all kinds, etc., etc., obviously computers and a "waiting" list of well over 10,000 "UNANSWERED" email inquiry's :D how the hell 2 people can address all these requests, in depth, with 100 % accuracy, is mind boggling to me to say the least.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Read the new book "Culture of Corruption", and you'll findout what he and the wonderful Mrs. O are really like.
If the A#@hole starts one more sentance out with "Look,...." I'm going to throw up. He actually thinks he's smarter than the rest of us.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Up front, I admit I have not read this entire post (it disgusts me)... and I have been drinking a little this hot afternoon so, As a retired combat vet, my fear is that socialized medicine, currently making it's way through congress will end my days of health care and put me at the bottom of the list... especially as I get older. As a Marine retiree, I don't get great care but I do not want to be bunched in with a bunch of illegal aliens when it comes to health care. I fought to protect Americans... and thier way of life, health and well being. My concern is that we are all about to get screwed; financially and physically. God bless the youngsters fighting terrorist today. This administration will turn it's back on you when it's politically beneficial.

·
Cajun Member
1,436 Posts
AAGHH FOK.
I and many like me support you VETS and will not forget the sacrifice you have made so that we may live,I promise.We owe you that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts