Performance Boats Forum banner

OUR NEW RIDE!!!! A short story.

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Squirtcha? 
#1 ·
For those of you who know or don't know us. Our first boat was a 1973 Yellow Miller jet boat. It was pretty much stock with a 455 olds-tunnel ram and a jacuzzi wj pump. On a good day with a tail wind, going down river it would hit 65mph on the gps. It was a good boat, served it's purpose, and never left us stranded. We enjoyed going to all the boating events, and met some awsome people along the way. Being that it was our first boat I quickly realized that the Olds and jacuzzi set up was NOT the way to go! We sold the boat back in November due to my wife taking time off of work to study for the California State Bar Exam. With only one income and the in the middle of my slow season w/work. The slow season didn't last long and I was able to keep putting money away with the hope of getting a new boat for this coming season. In Febuary my wife took her exam then she had to wait and wait and wait untill May 16th. On Friday May 16th at approx. 6:15pm the results were in... with a 29% pass rate...She F***ing PASSED!!!!:)devil I knew that my dream of getting another jet boat (this time with a BBC and Berkley pump) was well on the way. We must of looked at a dozen boats for sale between fellow board members, ebay,craigslist, and the local trader mag.... but we kept coming back to one boat. SHIFTY'S 1976 ELIMINATOR BUBBLE DECK. Sexy ass boat, no loud colors, kind of a sleeper, BUT NOT! BBC motor with berkley pump. Twin turbo putting out 747hp! WE BOUGHT IT last Thursday night!
Took it out today for a couple of hours. WOW! This is no 65mph boat, this thing gets on real good! I just wish I was able to spend a little more time with her. We had to cut the day short due to packing / getting ready for our trip to Ireland to see my wife's cousin get married. We leave tomorrow, so I'll leave here with a few pics. Happy Memorial Weekend guys. See you soon!:)hand

Before...

and after....

See less See more
#2 ·
Congratulations!:)devil

Let's see some more pictures though!!!!!!:|err

:D

#10 ·
This is from the previous owner:
-Motor-
-496ci Tall Deck
-Brodix Heads
-Banks Twin Turbo - 8lbs boost
-Banks Intercooler
-Custom Polished Stainless Steel Belt Shroud
-Dyno'd at 747hp
-Less than 10 hours on motor, has not been revved out since dyno

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.