Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
In INTERNET REHAB
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On my little road trip to Yreka last weekend..... I passed this bad boy on the way through Redding. Then again around Medford. Wondering where the hell they run this thing... it was huge. Had a semi pulling it, and one in front and one in the rear. Pretty impressive.

·
In INTERNET REHAB
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW Shreve, thanks for all the Yreka info and you're right... there is absolutely NOTHING to do there lol. I did get some hiking and fishing in on the Klamath River.... took a side trip....ended up in some *******-deliverance town called "Happy Camp", drove to Burney Falls (BEAUTIFUL) and tried to ride the steam train but it's closed for the season. A sign of the times I guess.... the railroad dinner trains are shut down due to the economy.

·
In INTERNET REHAB
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a shot of Mt Shasta on the way to Burney Falls...

Lake Britton... a quiet little lake in the middle of.... no where.

Burney Falls... runs into Lake Britton

The trail from Burney Falls to Lake Britton

Was a little shocked to see these guys at the dock...... next to the bass boat lol..

Its a beautiful lake with awsome campgrounds, cabins etc. Anyone ever boat there? I had never even heard of the place.

·
Registered
810 Posts
FUNNY HOW THINGS CHANGE :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

U.S.Coast Guard Purchases "Defender Class" Homeland Security Response Boats

Release Date: 03/31/03 00:00:00

The President announced today the purchase of up to 700 Homeland Security Response Boats from SAFE Boats International of Port Orchard, Washington to support the United States Coast Guard and its continuing mission to protect our nations ports and waterways. The new "Defender Class" boats will replace nearly 300 non-standard shore based boats and provide a standardized platform for the Coast Guard's new Maritime Safety and Security Teams (MSST's) which were established as a result of the September 11th terrorist attacks.

The Coast Guard selected SAFE Boats International to manufacture the boats after a two-phased competitive process. Three vendors were selected from their written proposals to produce a prototype of their design. Coast Guard personnel then tested the boats and a single successful contractor was selected. SAFE Boats International is a "Small Business" as defined by the Small Business Administration (SBA) and will produce the boats at their manufacturing facility in Port Orchard, Washington. The total value of the contract is $145 million. Each boat will cost approximately $180 thousand.

The 25' Response Boats, "add valuable capability to the Coast Guard as well as being more efficient in terms of training and costs," said Capt. James Maes, Acting Chief, Office of Boat Forces. The boats have increased maneuverability and are capable of speeds in excess of 40 knots (46 mph) with twin outboard engines. The full cabin provides crew protection from the elements and is equipped with a state of the art navigation system, heater, shock mitigating seats and a communication system capable of communicating with other Federal, State and Local Homeland Security partners. The boat is also designed to be transportable by road or by C-130 aircraft."

Delivery of the first boat is expected in July 2003 and will continue to arrive at Coast Guard units at a minimum of 2 per week. The Coast Guard will purchase up to 700 boats as needed over the next seven years and represents the largest single acquisition of identical response craft ever purchased by the Coast Guard.

·
Administrator
11,649 Posts
Nice pics T, it is beautiful up there around Mt Shasta.

Now if we could just put some teeth behind the border patrol Mr POTUS we'd be cookin with gas. ;)

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
Home sweet home.:D

I don't know where the boat was heading, I've never seen it around Norcal before.

·
In INTERNET REHAB
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
1400 O/B ponys on that boat... Holly crapola they mean business
My thoughts too..... and I almost caused a pileup on I5 trying to grab my camera, drive and take pics lol.

Nice pics T, it is beautiful up there around Mt Shasta.

Now if we could just put some teeth behind the border patrol Mr POTUS we'd be cookin with gas. ;)
:D:D
Home sweet home.:D

I don't know where the boat was heading, I've never seen it around Norcal before.
Me either, the pics really don't do it justice either. You can't tell from the pics, but I would guess it was about a 38ft'r. :D

FUNNY HOW THINGS CHANGE :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

U.S.Coast Guard Purchases "Defender Class" Homeland Security Response Boats

Release Date: 03/31/03 00:00:00

The President announced today the purchase of up to 700 Homeland Security Response Boats from SAFE Boats International of Port Orchard, Washington to support the United States Coast Guard and its continuing mission to protect our nations ports and waterways. The new "Defender Class" boats will replace nearly 300 non-standard shore based boats and provide a standardized platform for the Coast Guard's new Maritime Safety and Security Teams (MSST's) which were established as a result of the September 11th terrorist attacks.

The Coast Guard selected SAFE Boats International to manufacture the boats after a two-phased competitive process. Three vendors were selected from their written proposals to produce a prototype of their design. Coast Guard personnel then tested the boats and a single successful contractor was selected. SAFE Boats International is a "Small Business" as defined by the Small Business Administration (SBA) and will produce the boats at their manufacturing facility in Port Orchard, Washington. The total value of the contract is $145 million. Each boat will cost approximately $180 thousand.

The 25' Response Boats, "add valuable capability to the Coast Guard as well as being more efficient in terms of training and costs," said Capt. James Maes, Acting Chief, Office of Boat Forces. The boats have increased maneuverability and are capable of speeds in excess of 40 knots (46 mph) with twin outboard engines. The full cabin provides crew protection from the elements and is equipped with a state of the art navigation system, heater, shock mitigating seats and a communication system capable of communicating with other Federal, State and Local Homeland Security partners. The boat is also designed to be transportable by road or by C-130 aircraft."

Delivery of the first boat is expected in July 2003 and will continue to arrive at Coast Guard units at a minimum of 2 per week. The Coast Guard will purchase up to 700 boats as needed over the next seven years and represents the largest single acquisition of identical response craft ever purchased by the Coast Guard.
Everybody has to upgrade I guess... ;)

Here is one in the water............. looks smaller than on the trailer..........

·
Trying to Re-Member
794 Posts
What are you doing up so early?

They should park those 700 boats end to end on the southern border and use them for part of the unfinished fence :)st ;) :)hand

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
That's one of the new $875K Nor-Tech prototypes, 43'. They unveiled them in San Diego last week, 600 gallons of fuel, a machine gun, and does 75mph. US Customs is hoping to buy 65 of them.

Yeah Nor-Tech :)

·
Sushi Inspector
2,387 Posts
On my little road trip to Yreka last weekend..... I passed this bad boy on the way through Redding. Then again almost to the Oregon border. Wondering where the hell they run this thing... it was huge. Had a semi pulling it, and one in front and one in the rear. Pretty impressive.

I saw the same boat/rig driving on the 84 going through Boise the day before and wished I could have taken a pic!! Thanks for the pic.

·
Sushi Inspector
2,387 Posts
It must have had something to do with Boatcop driving through Idaho the same day!!!!lol

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
It went through Santa Clarita up the 5 last week. I'd expect it to be headed South if it was going to work though.
Hellz no, the Cantards need a smack down too! :D

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
They should park those 700 boats end to end on the southern border and use them for part of the unfinished fence :)st ;) :)hand
My thoughts exactly. :)sphss

Nice pics Traci. The water fall and stream are beautiful! :)

·
In INTERNET REHAB
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Exactly! :D I'm always up early but I just couldn't sleep last night so I gave up lol.

I saw the same boat/rig driving on the 84 going through Boise the day before and wished I could have taken a pic!! Thanks for the pic.
The driver of that rig probably thought I was nutts switching lanes to take pics.

It went through Santa Clarita up the 5 last week. I'd expect it to be headed South if it was going to work though.
Same here, thought they might be going to drop it in at Shasta until I saw it again near Medford.

BTW, I couldn't believe how much Shasta has dropped since June! :(

1 - 20 of 39 Posts