Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is the story, I pulled the boat off the trailer on Saturday morning and did a slow cruise through the no wake zone waiting for my friend that was driving the truck everything felt and sounded fine. When I see him walking down the hill I started toward the dock, about half way there the boat feels like it slips into neutral. No noise no clunk no nothing. I have no forward and no reverse the motor just revs. I check the cables and linkage back by the motor and everything seems to move like it should. I even pull the cable that goes down to the out drive and work it manually still nothing, the prop will spin slowly when you put it in gear but will not
accelerate with the motor RPM, when you put it in neutral it stops. Any ideas would be great or if you know a good boat guy around phoenix that would be great.​

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
Take it to Paul (Outdrive1 here on the boards). I have heard nothing but good about his service.

Somebody help me with the name of his shop and service. Three day weekends really mess me up.

·
Registered
129 Posts
drive

you need a new coupler.it bolts onto the fly wheel.there about $300 to $500 just for the part.your gonna haft to pull the drive and lift the motor to change it and realign the outdrive.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
you need a new coupler.it bolts onto the fly wheel.there about $300 to $500 just for the part.your gonna haft to pull the drive and lift the motor to change it and realign the outdrive.
X2, the torque coupler took it's own little vacation...

FWIW you should get it aligned every couple of years, the factory recomends annually (I dont think it's necissary every year though).

GT

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is aligning the motor something I can do or is it a shop only thing?
Aligning is not that hard, it just takes some mechanical aptitude, a little time and some patience. You need to know how to adjust the motor, and most of all, you need the aligning tool!

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Is aligning the motor something I can do or is it a shop only thing?
You can buy a pilot tool or some shops rent them (I used to rent one for $25 a day), there are a lot of shops closing there doors these days, may be able to score one pretty right...

GT :)hand

·
26' Sleekcraft
414 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts