what color are we doing the pump?

i can see it now-----set back, ride plate, rail kit :D

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what color are we doing the pump?

i can see it now-----set back, ride plate, rail kit :D
I think im going to polish the bowl and leave everything else untill i get the droop and diverter. My buddy was telling me about this new powder coating called ultimate chrome or silver or something along those lines. Its powder coating but looks chrome. Do you do that Jeff? I also need to get you my intake manifold for polish and clear.

Im doing a shoe, ride plate, diverter, and droop. No rail kit ket.

Looks like a good project. Keep the pictures coming. What exactly was wrong with it?
Thrust bearing was shot, and the intake housing was leaking from the outside.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
sorry, but we don't do the endura shine or permastar vacuum coating. polishing is cool, but a pain to keep up. what about a yellow? just did a pump for outlaw in near chrome - maybe he can shoot you some pics.

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
tiki, good seeing you last weekend.

Whats up with that coating Jr. was telling me about that is similar to hard chrome? We often need parts hard chromed but its getting too expensive. I think they are cracking down on hard chrome shops for envoirnmental reasons?

Thanks.

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
sorry, but we don't do the endura shine or permastar vacuum coating. polishing is cool, but a pain to keep up. what about a yellow? just did a pump for outlaw in near chrome - maybe he can shoot you some pics.

Here is my droop, it's not chrome, but it was what I wanted.
kind of a polished aluminum look

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Whats up with that coating Jr. was telling me about that is similar to hard chrome? We often need parts hard chromed but its getting too expensive. I think they are cracking down on hard chrome shops for envoirnmental reasons?

you mean flame spray. it's said that it will replace hard chrome in the future, but we are still a ways off from dialing in the process. what do you need hard chromed? grind - chrome - grind or just chromes? we can take care of that for you as well.

good seeing all you guys. the sand bar was a lot of fun that day. i still want you to test my boat - so next time out we will have to hook up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts