Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
AARP Member
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does this make you feel every time that commercial comes on. Sure I want a tax break, but someone is not paying their share and I don't want to be the one to make up the difference.:)st Al

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Which clown are you referring to? I know the list is long.
there's too many to list, i see those ad's here too and wonder how the phuck they got outta payin 100's of thousands back to the irs, yet if 1 of us were a 1000.00 bucks behind, we'd get leins put on shitt:mad:

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
Tim Geitner comes to mind......:|err

You know him, the O Cabinet flunky that got laughed out of China.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Tim Geitner comes to mind......:|err

You know him, the O Cabinet flunky that got laughed out of China.
you watch the jon stewart show last nite? he was ripping on geitner pretty good, i got a laugh outta it.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Your getting pissed...

because of a commercial...

that says it can settle your debt for pennies on the dollar...

can I have your email address? I have a friend in nigeria that will pay you handsomely for a little help transferring money.

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
Your getting pissed...

because of a commercial...

that says it can settle your debt for pennies on the dollar...

can I have your email address? I have a friend in nigeria that will pay you handsomely for a little help transferring money.
We're laughing and making funnies over the current Admin's arrogance about paying their fair share like they preach. A lil' over your head in concept oh self righteous big bellied Buddha???????;)

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
It only works if you are a Democrat. Most of Barry's administration uses them. :)st

·
Registered
557 Posts
I would imagine that the companies running the commercials are scam artists
(kind of like the credit repair agencies) and yes the commercials piss me off too! All they do is promote the idea/attitude that it is acceptable to not pay your taxes.

If in fact the people featured in them are legitimate I hope they face ridicule and scorn from everyong they come in contact with!

Ken

·
AARP Member
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My turn?

As long a I see these ads on TV, I think we all should be able to "NEGOCIATE" our taxes. :)devil

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Funny you mention those adds. I was ranting last night to Debbie about those and all those other "get free stuff" adds.

The wheelchair ones and the "More good news from the stimulus home loans" ones irk Me also.

Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, that seems to be all that is on anymore.

That and lawyer "ambulance chaser" adds.:|err

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Funny you mention those adds. I was ranting last night to Debbie about those and all those other "get free stuff" adds.

The wheelchair ones and the "More good news from the stimulus home loans" ones irk Me also.

Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, that seems to be all that is on anymore.

That and lawyer "ambulance chaser" adds.
You're right. It's the gimme mentality. Isn't that part of the reason we're in this mess to begin with?
The frikkin "scooter store". The lady in the commercial says "I didn't pay a dime" Exactly! The rest of us paid for it! Those people really get in my craw and my wallet. :)st:)st:)st :)st:mad::mad::mad:

Get this, my brother in law is broke and unemployed regularly. I know it's tough times and all but he's been in the same position for well into 3 years now. Never holding down a job. Then, last year he goes and knocks up his girl.:)sphss Now, the two of them are both intermittently jobless living with her mother with a 1 year old child. Since my wife and I have made decisions to improve our financial situation (although things have been tight lately) and can afford to have a boat, home, vehicles and have a small retirement investment, WE'RE the bad guys!! Yeah. Can you believe that chit?! My wife was talking with them recently and they said some smart ass remarks about our situation. "Oh you got a boat and stuff. Must be nice" "You don't have to worry paying bills" :)sphss What?

Anyway, My FIL, a seemingly staunch conservative Republican, blows me away by saying "They should go on welfare." "That's what it's there for." WTF? Needless to say, I don't understand.

I've been in tough times in my life, but I 've never collected unemployment or welfare or taken advantage of any kind of social program or otherwise sucked at the govt. tit. Not even "cash for a clunker":)grn

If, when I'm old and decrepit, can't afford my own wheelchair, I sure as hell not gonna expect others to pay for it.

·
Registered
634 Posts
You're right. It's the gimme mentality. Isn't that part of the reason we're in this mess to begin with?
The frikkin "scooter store". The lady in the commercial says "I didn't pay a dime" Exactly! The rest of us paid for it! Those people really get in my craw and my wallet. :)st:)st:)st :)st:mad::mad::mad:

Get this, my brother in law is broke and unemployed regularly. I know it's tough times and all but he's been in the same position for well into 3 years now. Never holding down a job. Then, last year he goes and knocks up his girl.:)sphss Now, the two of them are both intermittently jobless living with her mother with a 1 year old child. Since my wife and I have made decisions to improve our financial situation (although things have been tight lately) and can afford to have a boat, home, vehicles and have a small retirement investment, WE'RE the bad guys!! Yeah. Can you believe that chit?! My wife was talking with them recently and they said some smart ass remarks about our situation. "Oh you got a boat and stuff. Must be nice" "You don't have to worry paying bills" :)sphss What?

Anyway, My FIL, a seemingly staunch conservative Republican, blows me away by saying "They should go on welfare." "That's what it's there for." WTF? Needless to say, I don't understand.

I've been in tough times in my life, but I 've never collected unemployment or welfare or taken advantage of any kind of social program or otherwise sucked at the govt. tit. Not even "cash for a clunker":)grn

If, when I'm old and decrepit, can't afford my own wheelchair, I sure as hell not gonna expect others to pay for it.
It is evident that you have self-pride, a work ethic, and are accountable for your actions! Honorable! Others? not so.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts