Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was thinking of buying this thing and was wondering if anyone on here had any personal experience with it. Thanks.

·
mach26 300's
1,216 Posts
i have a personal training business and i recomend it to all my clients on there off days of seeing me. its a hard ass workout.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I use it. I recommend it to many of my patients... Its the best program out there in my opinion...

·
Registered
887 Posts
It's awesome. I've completed one round and intend to start it up again next week. It's a tough workout, but I LOVE it. Just be sure to put Tony Horton on mute and crank up your own music...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to hear some reviews from real people on here. It seems like it does what it says its supposed to do. I wanted to make sure it just wasn't some gimmick. :)sphss

·
Registered
887 Posts
Good to hear some reviews from real people on here. It seems like it does what it says its supposed to do. I wanted to make sure it just wasn't some gimmick. :)sphss
Nope, its the real deal for sure as long as you are committed to it. The only thing that I would change would be the Ab workout. I wish it was harder or had another disk. I feel like I mastered that too easily and had to do stuff on my own to really feel like I got a good ab workout....

·
Registered
264 Posts
A co-worker of mine goes to the same gym as i do and he puts in a good workout. He bought the P90X and tried it. He had to hold off for a few weeks because he said he wasn't in good enough shape to keep up. He started it back up and says it's an awesome workout. I haven't had the balls to try it yet.

·
no need 2 fake it.
1,702 Posts
my fatass hasn't tried it but my mom is a fitness guru and she does the intense version and it kicks her ass, she looks forward to going to the trainer after doing p90x haha

dschifan, judging by your rig, you are quite the personal trainer!

·
mach26 300's
1,216 Posts
haha ya a broke one:D i cater to the higher end clients in my area for personal training. and i run bootcamps that everyone can afford, much similar to the p90x but with cardio kickboxing and a more variety of workouts than the p90.

my fatass hasn't tried it but my mom is a fitness guru and she does the intense version and it kicks her ass, she looks forward to going to the trainer after doing p90x haha

dschifan, judging by your rig, you are quite the personal trainer!

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
1. You need to be in decent shape to start it.
2. Make sure you stretch afterwards cause you will be sore.
3. The exercises are long in time so you must be able to commit around an hour for exercise for most of the discs.
4. Great workout, not much rest in between exercises. It is very similar to cross-fit.

·
MAMA TRIED
1,661 Posts
I have it at my house...My sheriff buddy dropped it off. I drank a lite beer ate a subway sandwich and watched it, then i ran outta beer and i was still fat.

·
8anned
4,154 Posts
haha ya a broke one:D i cater to the higher end clients in my area for personal training. and i run bootcamps that everyone can afford, much similar to the p90x but with cardio kickboxing and a more variety of workouts than the p90.
where do you train your clients out of?

·
The Insurance Guy
1,922 Posts
1. You need to be in decent shape to start it.
Not sure what you consider "decent shape" but i was a fat piece of crap when i started and a lean, toned machine when I finished. Starting weight: 180.5, finished at 155...I am 6' tall. In regards to everything else, what everybody said is right on! Fantastic program and I am super happy with the results.

·
The Insurance Guy
1,922 Posts
The only thing that I would change would be the Ab workout. I wish it was harder or had another disk. I feel like I mastered that too easily and had to do stuff on my own to really feel like I got a good ab workout....
Show off! I finished the program 2 months ago, continue to work out and i still can't do all of ab-ripper x. Grrrrr....:|err

·
GO CELTICS
2,083 Posts
It's awesome. I've completed one round and intend to start it up again next week. It's a tough workout, but I LOVE it. Just be sure to put Tony Horton on mute and crank up your own music...
God you aint lieing I get tired of hearing him talk haha. I did this workout very strong last year lost my belly after knee surgery gained it back soon as my knee is strong ill be back on it. its an a$$ kicker.

·
mach26 300's
1,216 Posts
i'm really afraid to say my business name cause it would be promoting it and the thread would get moved to gray water:D i sub lease my own spot out of a big mixed martial arts building called UMMA in la mirada. my gym is on the top floor and our 2,000sq ft mat and ring is on the bottom. finally got myself a bitchen setup to train fighters as well:)devil

where do you train your clients out of?

·
Slum Lord
2,854 Posts
Nope, its the real deal for sure as long as you are committed to it. The only thing that I would change would be the Ab workout. I wish it was harder or had another disk. I feel like I mastered that too easily and had to do stuff on my own to really feel like I got a good ab workout....
That is the key to any program you choose.......if you commit most all of them will work.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts