Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Not bad.

There are others that know this better than I do but, I do not remember many grades except the big one about 20 miles out of town from Page.

I remember it because I towed a JC Tritoon up it in 91 and last year our river rafting "return bus" blew up there and we were stranded for 2 hours on it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
towing an older Prostar (3200 lbs) with 1995 32ft. Chevy gas Motorhome. I assume the road is fairly decent. Where are the good places to camp on the water within 50 or so miles of page.

·
Displaced Azian
783 Posts
Lone Rock Beach - Dry camping on the waters edge. Launch at wawheep or stateline a few miles away.
Yeah,, what he said. Lone Rock beach's access road is just north of the Utah border crossing on US-89. It is dry camping and there are public access toilets along the beach as well.

Thing to remember is to NOT drive in the soft sand. Stay on the hardened roads there and you will be ok. If a road is in question, get out and walk it. It's expensive to get a tow truck to pull you out.

The only camping between Flagstaff and Page with the exception of the National Forest land just South of Flagstaff is the Quality Inn RV park in Tuba City.

Grades and Roads from Flagstaff to Page....

The summit South of Flagstaff is 7720 ft. After that, it drops down to around 5000 Ft at Cameron (turn off to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon). After that, heading North, the road gets a bit bumpy. Lots of waves in the pavement for about 14 miles. It smooths out once you hit the turn off for US-160. No real grades until you get 23 miles South of Page.

At this point, there is a grade from about 5,000 ft to 6,000 ft that climbs up onto the Platuea. This runs about 5 miles then it flattens off again until you are 12 miles South of Page. The speed limit drops to 55 mph here,, make sure you follow it. At this point, you will see Lake Powell and the town of Page.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts