Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how did you payment/insurance ordeal go with "The Movie" ?

I along with others have had a nightmare with changing adjusters and then the situation of Ponytail Todd the Marine Director for the movie. How the hell does a guy become a Marine Director for anything when could not coach a Duck to water?:)Unsure The fact of how payments are being made is eveident of something that is not on the up and up. I along with several others are getting "STIFFED" by the Movie company,Insurance Company and Those representing the Movie. They talked the talk=and as usual did NOT walk the walk . The Movie Company is leaving town owing many people money.

BUT

Ponytail Todd is on the front page of the paper bragging 18 Million Dollars into Havasu Econmy :mad:

·
Islander Moho Trash
2,119 Posts
More than likley you will be hosed. A non union deal and no agent or management getting you the gig all adds up to bad news. Especially if they didn't pay you right away.

·
Banned
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not expecting anyting else

:))ThumbsDwn:)sphss
More than likley you will be hosed. A non union deal and no agent or management getting you the gig all adds up to bad news. Especially if they didn't pay you right away.

But just want all to know they were NOT th great deal all were led to believe. I have never been involved with more liars,deceivers etc. in my life.

When signing everyone up for the Movie it was this way

Now a total different story

·
C Ya on da lake
6,991 Posts
this does not sound good, but take it eazy on Todd... he is a standup guy and I would be willing to bet he is caught up in the middle of it as the rest of you might be... hands may be tied...

·
Banned
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe?

this does not sound good, but take it eazy on Todd... he is a standup guy and I would be willing to bet he is caught up in the middle of it as the rest of you might be... hands may be tied...

He was on the front page of paper presenting some B.S. deal to our Mayor

I along with others have had some very different opinions on him.

You know the deal Actions =Speak Volumes

I promise on this one, will keep informed as this has been a disaster and wish had never heard of the Movie.

I could tell you many back tracks and broken promises-BUT?:mad:

·
C Ya on da lake
6,991 Posts
yeah, I am aware of several and it sucks... makes me even more glad that i did not get involved! it was better to be on the beach... I would have gone ballistic if my boat had been in that mess. I hope the best for you guys...

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
Spell my name right OK? LOL

I was thinking of a third "making a movie in Havasu" thread.

As I started this reply, the phone rang from one of the other boat owners. He has had similar "results" to mine.

I am short one daily check, for the 9th. I got all the others, and the "charter" check. Oscar has my new anchor, fender, and lines which I can pick up next time I get there. Nothing is color matched, polished, or stainless, according to Oscar.

I have not been contacted by the surveyor since June 26th, today is July 20th. I just e-mailed him again.

My prop is at Gibbs to get repaired. We detailed the boat already, my daughter wasn't happy, but we weren't going to leave it dirty like that until we worked out the detailing issue - oh, and no one else has every detailed my boat since Advantage delivered it.

I called and woke Heidi this morning, she said she hasn't been working for them in a month.

I just talked to Oscar, there are only a few claims left, mine got missed somehow. He's calling Dials to figure it out.

The missing check from the 9th is just one of many. It seems the 9th payroll vouchers had some sort of issues, but that check should be coming later this week.

I have contact phone numbers for various people that make things happen and/or answer questions, if you want, PM me.

I haven't talked to Todd, Mike, or Dan since I left the water.

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
i got my checks last week there was 2947 dollars in damage to my boat from the film i have recieved all money except for one day of work (the 9th of june) other than that i have recieved all monies for repairs, work, boat rental etc etc my boat is currently at the mfg getting fixed i get it back on the 28th it was a little drawn out but i knew it would get fixed all in all it cost them just under 5 grand to use my shizz (repairs and extra work compensation) oscar was great. would i do it again? ?????????????

·
Angry White Dude
135 Posts
This is exactly why I quit after 3 days in the channel. I read the weather report that said severe wind coming, Told Mike about it and he didn't really care, so I put the little houseboat on the trailer and read about all the damage. I did get paid for the whole thing regardless.

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
Checks less than $5k come from Piranha Productions, so my check is supposedly in Mike's hands. Almost $2K, then we have to drop it at Advantage for the repairs.

Of course, the week I decide to check into this is the first vacation many of the Marine Department has had since it started.

There was a $5K deductible, not for me, for the movie company.

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
I got my last daily check in today's mail, the check for the ninth.

·
Deck Boat Cheer******
553 Posts
I got paid in full for all days and rentals. I have also been fully compensated for the damage Woody did to my boat! :D

I'm hoping part two will start filming in September and that I can take part again. :)devil

I'm also ready for the Powell shoot if I get the call.

Im not saying there were not some stressful and irritating situations. There were many.

I'm in the minority of course but after it was all said and done......I deemed it a wothwhile experience for me. The worst part is not wanting to "down" my boat for the repairs till the season ends. Till November I will be tooling around Havasu in a battered but fully functional boat.

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
I think we are missing a check also, but haven't checked the mail in a week or so. Our boat is at the shop for an estimate to fix some gel, rub rail and interior problems. Bill Dials came to our home in NV to do a once over on the boat last week. He has been overly informative and helpfull. Said the production companys deductable on each boat is $2,250.

One thing im not very happy with is the replacement of lines, fenders etc. I lost almost all of my top knot lines (anchor dock and fender) I even had to cut one off my bow because it would not untie. They want to replace it with some generic white lines and smaller fenders. Also, I still have not got the voucher for the boat detail.

What is this mention of filming in September and at Powell?

·
Deck Boat Cheer******
553 Posts
The voucher was for a wash not a detail. I think it has expired anyway? I didn't get to use mine at all- no time to get in there.

Part two is rumored to begin shooting in September with a $150 mil budget as opposed to the $50 mil for part one.

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
I'd do it all over again as well. My wife - not so much. She might not let me take "her" boat again. She points out that her name is on the title....

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
I think we are missing a check also, but haven't checked the mail in a week or so. Our boat is at the shop for an estimate to fix some gel, rub rail and interior problems. Bill Dials came to our home in NV to do a once over on the boat last week. He has been overly informative and helpfull. Said the production companys deductable on each boat is $2,250.

One thing im not very happy with is the replacement of lines, fenders etc. I lost almost all of my top knot lines (anchor dock and fender) I even had to cut one off my bow because it would not untie. They want to replace it with some generic white lines and smaller fenders. Also, I still have not got the voucher for the boat detail.

What is this mention of filming in September and at Powell?
got my last check today from the 9th. i have recieved all monies for my boat my body and my damages i offically have no ties to the production company any more:D the production companys deductible was 5 percent of your stated hull value at the time of the contract signing. i said my boat was worth 50 grand which made my deductible 2500 and the productions insurance company sent me a check for the remaining 475.73 this is how it should have worked for everyone

1 - 20 of 23 Posts