Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warp, did I see you post somewhere that a Cup Engine makes 2.4 hp/cu.in ?

Is that about correct for a SB-2 or Ford engine ?

Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover :D

·
Lurker
1,417 Posts
About right for a good running piece, give or take a little! ;)
Not bad for a 12:1cr, flat tappet cam with a single 830 carb. :D

Not sure about the Ford's (slightly less but not much!!), but I know they are handling through the corners pretty good right now, and that makes them look like they have a 1000hp when your struggling!

The SB2 was about 2.2hp/ci, but that was 2 years ago when we stopped using them so i am sure they would be better now.

A typical Sprint Cup engine is right around 850hp no matter what the make.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Warp.

I still can't believe they don't run roller cam's in those engine's. Why is that ? That seems like a stupid rule .

Sleeper CP :D

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Sooo...with all that said...whats the Dodge's prob???...Kasey ran real good last year, but not worth a chit this year! :(

FastRat

·
Lurker
1,417 Posts
Thanks Warp.

I still can't believe they don't run roller cam's in those engine's. Why is that ? That seems like a stupid rule .

Trying to keep it old school I guess. Otherwise we would use EFI and rollers, but then that would put even more people out of job's and that is already a problem in the sport right now!

·
Lurker
1,417 Posts
Sooo...with all that said...whats the Dodge's prob???...Kasey ran real good last year, but not worth a chit this year! :(

FastRat
Same thing as everyone, the new car is tricky. There is so little you can do, that when you do find something, it is huge. For instance the 18 car earlier in the year, and now the Roush cars. What used to be a little something is allot now!
We had them covered last year, but racing both cars we spent allot of time trying to lock up the Championship instead of working on just the new car more, and it has showed this year. We have good speed and usualy qual. well, it's just getting them to stay that way all day long.
I think the Dodge boy's had the old car down, especialy on the Intermediate tracks (1.5-2mi). The new car is a whole differant game, and if you are a little off your down laps in a hurry!

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
Same thing as everyone, the new car is tricky. There is so little you can do, that when you do find something, it is huge. For instance the 18 car earlier in the year, and now the Roush cars. What used to be a little something is allot now!
We had them covered last year, but racing both cars we spent allot of time trying to lock up the Championship instead of working on just the new car more, and it has showed this year. We have good speed and usualy qual. well, it's just getting them to stay that way all day long.
I think the Dodge boy's had the old car down, especialy on the Intermediate tracks (1.5-2mi). The new car is a whole differant game, and if you are a little off your down laps in a hurry!
hhmmm.. sounds just like a boat - it ain't all about the hp...:)hand

·
Lurker
1,417 Posts
Thats a stout team to work for!!!
Thanks Futs.
I've been extremely fortunate in my opportunities, but have had to bust my balls and sacrifice allot to take advantage of them. Been there 10 years now and it's a great place to work. You won't find a better man than Rick!! :)devil

You doin' allright?

·
Classic Hotboater!
932 Posts
And I want to know why the "candy asses" have not posted up the pics of Jay and the blow up doll at Lake James:)Pound Must be skeeered.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hhmmm.. sounds just like a boat - it ain't all about the hp...:)hand
I thought if you threw another 200 HP worth of Nos at it that was an automatic 8-10 mph.....:)sphss

Damn calculator just let me down..:p

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The SB2 was about 2.2hp/ci, but that was 2 years ago when we stopped using them so i am sure they would be better now.

A typical Sprint Cup engine is right around 850hp no matter what the make.
What does a typical intake port flow ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts