Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok where to start.Stoped going to the Chrio 2 weeks ago and went to my real Doc.He took xrays and gave me a shot right in the mussel and gave me some mussel relaxers came back two days later and he told me he didnt see anything.That was over a week ago so I went back yesterday too tell them I want a MRI.My Doc was out so they gave another Doc.this guy looks at my xrays and asked me where it hurts.
and tells me its a rib in my back thats hooked to the neck mussel and tells me to lay down with my sholder hanging over the side he then cracks my back where he said the rib was out of place on both sides and tells me to call him in the morning if i still want the MRI I called him back today and i want to kiss him.he wantsto realine me again on friday I cant belive this I fill 80% better.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont know guys maybe I didnt here him right but i can set up straight and ride in the car without setting sideways I still have a little pain in my arm but the tingling in my hand is gone.WTF.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Sometimes it's worth going to a DO. They are true MD's, and can do some serious manipulation as well.

Darrell.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I prefer a DO over the MD as well. MD's try to fix the problem with meds, where as a DO can sometimes take a different approach

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im just a dumb concrete pumper so hell if I know but I fell great I even got some stink on my hanglow this morning so there.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
the main thing is you feel better. MRI'S always do not show the problem either. i blew a disk in my lower back and the E.R. doctor told me it was just a pulled mussle gave me some pills and sent me home, 4 hours later back in the E.R. not being able to move at all. this time gave me a shot of morphin:D and went home and passed out. long story short had the M.R.I. had 200 pistures took and only 1 showed the bad disk. was on pain meds and therepi(sp) for 14 weeks. just be happy you got a second doctor to look at it. good luck i know what you mean about sitting sideways in a car also. it sucks!

·
Unhyphenated American
1,938 Posts
I guess you guys fell asleep in A&P and kinesiology on neck day, everyone knows the scalenes run from the transverse processes of the cervical vertebrae and fix or raise the upper ribs.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I am going through the exact same thing as you: a displaced rib putting everything out of wack and ending up with a pinched nerve. Sore shoulder and pain and tingling in elbow and little finger. I spent 4 days in agony, the only time it didn't hurt was when I lay on the floor. It's slowly getting better, but it took 5 or 6 adjustments and some serious muscle relaxers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts