Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
To me a black boat is bitchin on a trailer. In the water not so good. Yellow in the water and Gray is a color that is way over looked. A nice soft Dove Gray with maroon and blues is bad ass.

·
New here
4,219 Posts
I took my handy-dandy infra-red thermometer gun out to the pickup the other day. My red dually fender, with the sun beating on it at noon, was 162 degrees. Imagine black or even ANYTHING darker than Victory Red........

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
What do you guys think.. I wanted a black boat but wasn't looking forward to burning my a$$ on really hot days.
Color changes at 86 degrees.

Thermochromic Paint | Temperature change paint | color changing pigments for the ultimate in custom paint.
I have a buddy (his son) has a sport bike with a chameleon/flip flop paint job....looks ok, changes with the temp......the paint he said was over a 1,[email protected]'m not a painter...how much to paint a 18-22 foot boat with that type of paint????? I'm thinking........big monies....

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I have a buddy (his son) has a sport bike with a chameleon/flip flop paint job....looks ok, changes with the temp......the paint he said was over a 1,[email protected]'m not a painter...how much to paint a 18-22 foot boat with that type of paint????? I'm thinking........big monies....
In Michigan a Black boat keeps you warmer !!! Arizona or So Cal not such a good idea. I've painted a couple black, no problem. Black Boats RULE !!!!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha, you guys aren't helping. The way it works is you paint the boat some color like white as a base. Then you add this special pigment to clear paint on top of the white coat. Then you clear the whole thing. The black pigment changes to clear above 86 degrees to show the white. It's actually not that expensive. about 150.00 for a gallon worth of pigment.

·
Hoodys and swim trunks
872 Posts
Paint some wicked graphics underneath the treated clear so they are hidden until the sun hits them. Do they offer different colors of pigment for the additive?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Wildfire is Black and I have no problem with the heat. What you have to do is, let your Son drive it while you sit on shore and enjoy being a Spectator. See you at Wamplers Lake. Chet

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
great Jocko maybe someone will want it they can put one of those twin turbo million horse motors in it that only cost a million dollars and require a usb cable. Meanwhile Nick post a before and after pic of your boat or I will

·
Registered
722 Posts
I'M ready, but the biesemeyer might not be.:wtf:
still need to paint, get the aluminum anaodized, install injection, call you for set up, seats uph, bla bla bla..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts