Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need some ideas on a clean paint job. Thinking about Orange and White or Blue and White, maybe even a tri-color. Other color options welcome, also some design options would help. Not trying to steal anyone's paint job here, just want some ideas to work around. Been thinking about keeping the boats original design, but all ideas welcome. Post some pics. Want something clean and simple, but will stand out on the water. My mechanic used to own a body shop so paintin' ain't nothin', just want to see what you guys think. Also some interior ideas might help, got a blank canvas right now so anything goes. Here is a pic of the boat in its current state, so you will definitely see why it needs some paint. Thanks.

Attachments

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its been painted over before with gray witch I partially sanded off. And the clear is peeling up in big flaky pieces. The original metal flake is too far gone at this point, but new metal flake might look good.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
??? I'm new to jet boats, don't know what old school jet boats looked like, sorry. Very picture or description oriented person.:D

·
Inland Empire-Big River
807 Posts
??? I'm new to jet boats, don't know what old school jet boats looked like, sorry. Very picture or description oriented person.:D

Metal flake is old school depending on how its done. Whats wrong if you redid the boat as close as you could get to its original scheme?

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry not a big fan of the black and silver that it originally was. Doesn't stand out enough in a crowd for me.:D Too bland. And dark! Which=HOT=BURN:))eek:)) Thanks for the ideas. Will definitely keep them in mind. Always helps to have lots of ideas to think about for awhile.:D Never good to rush a paint job and do the first thing you think of.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
You could always repaint your boat a different color with like a white base, and accent the dark lines on your boat with any color in the rainbow!...that would look nice,...just as long as you do not bust a flame job on it,...they rarely look good on these old school boats! Not talking trash on anyone with an 18' jet with flame jobs.:D

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You could always repaint your boat a different color with like a white base, and accent the dark lines on your boat with any color in the rainbow!...that would look nice,...just as long as you do not bust a flame job on it,...they rarely look good on these old school boats! Not talking trash on anyone with an 18' jet with flame jobs.:D

I'm with you on that one. Never really liked the flame jobs you see on some of these boats. I like clean, crisp, simple looking paint jobs (in wild colors of course). It seems to give these boats a little bit of class. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yellow red and orange has my vote for a tri color. thats if u want it to really stand out

That's a hot boat!:D:)devil My boat had diamond pleat seats in it when I first got it. But they were completely trashed. Mice got into them and turned into sleazy motels.:(((((( Thanks.

·
lol, right.....
1,168 Posts
Metal flake junky here..... :)devil Not sure how old the paintjob is, or who did it, but I'd like to find the guy that painted my boat, shake his hand & buy him a cold beer. He laid down some big-ass flake on mine, like bass boat big. :))eek:)) Whole damn boat too, the red, as well as the blue & silver striping. Damn near hurt your eyes on a bright sunny day.
:D

Far as coming up with a color scheme, I was in the process of coming up with a drawing for some t shirts for one of the jetboat/vdrive get-togethers we have during the summer. Once I had my boat pic drawn out, I made copies of it, so I could mess around with different colors & paint schemes for the pic. Ended up with 4 or 5 that I really liked, so I sent them to the guy thats organizing the event to let him decide on which one he liked best. ;)

If you can draw, or know someone you can, you may try something like that to help you decide. Just don't forget the flake.
:)devil

·
Registered
193 Posts
its been said before,keeping with the same color scheme over the evxisting works well. a lighter color (solid) makes anything look larger.msome times, simple design lines are thecleaner looking vs. all the multi colors that some times can be overwellming.remember.the final product is only as good as the preperation.

·
Registered
541 Posts
yellow red and orange has my vote for a tri color. thats if u want it to really stand out

what you cant see is the pinstripping on this boat its done in red yellow and orange also so inbetween red and orange the pinstripping is yellow inbetween yellow and orange pinstripping red inbetween yellow and red pinstripping is orange

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Old school bubble deck, off white/orange with a gold pearl. With your flat deck square off the pattern or keep the tiger stripes.

Nice boat! That is about the shade of orange I was thinking about, if I go with orange. Thats a nice looking paint job, very clean. I think I am going to go with a little bit more design, though. Thanks.

·
Registered
716 Posts
what you cant see is the pinstripping on this boat its done in red yellow and orange also so inbetween red and orange the pinstripping is yellow inbetween yellow and orange pinstripping red inbetween yellow and red pinstripping is orange
Im allreday confuised.............:)st

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

It's the little fine details that really make a paint job stand out. Nice!:)devil

·
Registered
94 Posts
So this might be just a little much.....:)devil
It sure stands out and there isnt a man woman or kid, who doesn't take a second look at it. I had originally wanted the candy green to be the flames and have white as the base color, but the guy spraying it had an idea.......and this was it...:D.......I hear the words masking tape now and I run.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts