Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
they make a transpearent black tint , i saw it in a rattle can at autozone or orielly's, made just for what you're doin.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
leave it alone cholo....lol:D:)sphss
Lol. I was hoping to get a film with the raiders logo in it too!

I did the LED Tails on my TBSS with a smoke film, similar to "Clear Guard". Worked well.
Funny a tint shop said they can do it, but didnt have a picture to show how it turned out. They were very pricey though!

they make a transpearent black tint , i saw it in a rattle can at autozone or orielly's, made just for what you're doin.

hmmm. Now that would be cool. The only thing is if it turns out like shiit, Im screwed. Have you seen anyone use it?

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts

Funny a tint shop said they can do it, but didnt have a picture to show how it turned out. They were very pricey though!

hmmm. Now that would be cool. The only thing is if it turns out like shiit, Im screwed. Have you seen anyone use it?
bout 10yrs ago when everyone was still into headlite/taillite covers a friend of mine done his, turned out looking good.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
For a moment I thought this was a thread about Rattle Can Lou's area of expertise.

·
Lookout I'm Crankin it Baby
6,576 Posts
Now ya went and done it. Your walkin along my lines...

Look, ya want a quick, easy way to do this. Here goes. Take a good grade of laquer thinner and some black laquer. Thin way down and spray lights until desired tint. The laquer bites into the plastic. It lasts well also.

Thanks for callin me out..I was just hangin out with the v-drive fags anyway.

U

·
0 Posts

Dennis,

I think the raw material to do both tail was about $75. They came out nice and the film could be removed without damaging the lens. Took me a couple or three hours

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
go to your local body chop supply and get a rattle can of BULL DOG.. It's cheap! and It sticks real good to plastic. then after 2 coats of that you can use some clear.. Peferably a urathane.(they don't sell laquer in cali anymore).Urathane lasts longest in the hot sun. First use a scotchbrite to make it stick even better..:D

·
3,246 Posts
My buddy got the spray film from pep boys. The stuff worked out great on his whip. Like anything else, the more coats you put on the darker the tint. I think he put 2 coats on and lookin good

·
Registered
38 Posts
The pros tint tail lights in the same manner they paint cars, sand then base tint, sand then clear, then wet sand, and buff.

·
About 500' AGL
2,470 Posts
Just FYI....modifying any lighting on your vehicle is illegal in California. This includes tinting your head or taillights. ;)

·
Registered
465 Posts
The best way is to add a little bit of grey tint to clear coat and spray. Then color sand and buff. They also have a product at Pep Boys that works OK. It is called VHT Night Shades. If you do this follow up with clear, then color sand and buff.

The integrated Raiders logo should look great :)sphss

1 - 20 of 32 Posts