Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was bored a week or so ago and decided it was pan evac time. The second evac kit I bought...this one is a mildon special. I made the mistake of looking at the directions. It shows the tube going in at a 90*....all the way to the center of the collector.:)Unsure Is that how ya do it:confused:
NEW EVAC.jpg

was thinking it was suppose to go more like this
imp evac pic angled.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
I have had the worst luck with the little one way valves because someone welded the tubes in my headers wrong. Once my motor is back together i am ditching the valves and making a puke tank.

·
Registered
185 Posts
i have always run them a an angle i have them on the Biesmeyer and also the willys' straight down would still draw but would make a change in the back pressure but that could be a good thing sometimes

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Thats the way i have seen and done them all.

But in this picture, i dont think they are going to do much but grap fresh air from the breathers on the puke tank..............:confused:

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I hear ya futs...it kinda negates the whole system...was just the only pic I could find. Lupo...was yours pushin header water back into the valve cover???..or?? I am running ot's....and they are dry to past 3k...I hope I am not making a problem for myself.
I have zero idea...other than this diagram...how far I am supposed to be sticking these into the collector area. For what ever reason....I thought they were suppose to be flush with the collector wall.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
mine are in at an angle but it won't hurt anything if you installed them straight in. It might be a little harder to get your hoses on them unless you cross sides with the hoses.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
When Jenkins built the Vega, he tried every position and angle he could to get the most depression. He settled on the angle cut tube, installed on an angle, located just behind the merge of 2 tubes in the collector. When Moroso marketed the first commercially available evac, they used his arrangement. To Jenkins the depth was critical enough to have Moroso put a notch on the tube to locate the depth. You also notice that the Milodon arrangement has the angle facing the end of the collector, and the Moroso the slash cut puts the opening almost parallel to the sides of the collector.
Normal believe would have you think that the Milidon would make a better depression, but possibly a little restrictive due to the pipe in the collector. But the parallel opening makes more depression, but it has to be extend into the collect a little ways, not flush with the inside wall of the collector.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Thats the way i have seen and done them all.But in this picture, i dont think they are going to do much but grap fresh air from the breathers on the puke tank..............:confused:
I bought the boat with the evacs and the puke tank. I think impatient1 was trying to stop an oil leak which he thought was pressure related. When I took the motor down, the top halp of the rear main was in backwards, I'm still using the same headers but I got rid of the puke tank, still works as good as when it had both.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Used to make alot of headers, hundreds. We did lots of testing. The tube works best at an angle. The cutout needs air to pass thru it to create a vacuum. Only at an angle is this possible. The deeper the better. Screw the one way valve on and tack until its close to the collector. Merged collector creates more vacuum than 4-1 open hole.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pic of tube angle and position
If you are asking me for a pic...I dont have my headers back yet. The guy I am using seems to know what he is doing...we talked about the cut/slot in the tube. Feel free to put up pics if you have any. Its been a learning experience for me so far ...I almost fell outta my chair when I read the milidon instructions.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts