Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard that I can pick up speed by cutting out every other grate bar will this work? I only have a 360 motor will I see any pick up?

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
I'm no pro, but I thought when I owned a panther they were plagued with "overcharging" the intake at higher speeds. So that would hurt not help.

·
Registered
716 Posts
ok, ive had two boats with panther jets, both were very manuverable and low matinence pumps, however they were never made to go fast, dont cut the grate i did it and lost 5-6mph, i was pissed, what speeds are you getting now, you need a big block, that 360 isnt helping either..........

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I know there isn't much motor being a family boat I wanted a little more not sure how long I will have this boat didn't want to much into it.

·
Registered
716 Posts
thats good for what you got, make sure the gates opening all the way. On two of my boats it wasnt and i was told thats a common problem on panthers, also the panther jet o vator is junk, dont waste ur money, i saw one at canyon, and i could piss higher and further than that thing could throw..........:D:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It has a small adjustable ride plate. Steers funny seems like when it comes off plate falls on the falls on edge and kicks you back the other direction makes it hard to make a gradual turn.

·
Registered
716 Posts
i had one on my panther i threrw that damn thing in the trash rode way better, but mine was 18 foot and urs is a 21 so i dont know how ur boat would take it........

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Tom's (JBP) panther energizer helped mine quite a bit. It also allows you to add droops and diverters.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
jetboatperformance.com Has a few pix. and Tom is real helpful!

WT

1 - 15 of 15 Posts