Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had Skagen boats build a panther pump? Or is Tom at performance the man to see.. Not anything against Tom at all. All I've heard is great things about him and his work. I just live very close to Skagen boats and have seen some amazing boats come out of there..

·
Registered
673 Posts
Skagen will take care of you. Tony and his father Jerry combined probably have 70+ years experience in hotboats and jet pump building.

·
Registered
142 Posts
For the people on here who would know (not me) they might want to know length, usage, hp, weight things like that all determine what your wanting to achieve, just trying to help!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's 18' 850lb and I wish I knew how much power I'm going to have. It's a built 402 bbc steel crank forged pistons full roller 72 open heavy worked heads.. (Going to dyno as soon as I can)
And I just want it to be a good runner, not looking to try to make it fast, (that's impossible) lol just a river / lake boat..

·
83 Crusader - 468 BBC
2,525 Posts
I Energized my Panther myself with the advice and help from Jim over at Performance Jet....no regrets and nothing against Tom as well. Best move I ever made to my Panther was Energizing :))THumbsUp
I run an 18' Crusader with a mild build 468. I added a droop and picked up about 3 MPH and the boat handles much better. It was feeling a little loose without the droop.

Here is the thread I started regarding...
http://www.performanceboats.com/jet-boats/92454-energizing-panther-just-do.html

·
PASO ROBLES CA
672 Posts
Jet Boat Performance does first class work.Josh is very particular in anythg they do and there energizer kits are well made and work well. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
I got one of the 1st ones...and did the install my self. I bolted on 8-9 mph....and dropped my r's doing it. It was that thread on hotboat (energizer thread) that made me pick up the keyboard and sign up for all this.:grin:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Has anyone had Skagen boats build a panther pump? Or is Tom at performance the man to see.. Not anything against Tom at all. All I've heard is great things about him and his work. I just live very close to Skagen boats and have seen some amazing boats come out of there..
Im not sure if Tom is making a panther energizer kit yet. He doesn't have access to the current production kit made by American Turbine. I would say the safe bet would be to deal with Skagen who can provide you with a quality kit and quality local service.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got one of the 1st ones...and did the install my self. I bolted on 8-9 mph....and dropped my r's doing it. It was that thread on hotboat (energizer thread) that made me pick up the keyboard and sign up for all this.:grin:
I'm hoping for more mph. And I just might get it.. I want 75.. I had 55 @ 5200 on a pos 402 out of a impala with 150,000 miles. Did a pretty heavy build on the same 402 and my builder promised me over 600 easy. I'm so pumped about this.. Going to cost me another 3 so total into boat is 15k. (So far)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm doing it!! Pulling the pump next weekend. Can't wait!! Is there anything I should do or not do while I have it out?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Check to see if it needs any fiberglass repair near the transom and stringer/hull area, also maybe paint it up bitchen while its out, always sets the boat off with lil touches like that!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Check to see if it needs any fiberglass repair near the transom and stringer/hull area, also maybe paint it up bitchen while its out, always sets the boat off with lil touches like that!
Thank you.. Good start to my check list.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Your best bet is to avoid the conversion and just install a berkely pump.

As long as your doing an intake, set it back and do a shoe and ride plate too.

I think the right way to do it is to remove ALL the panther not just the back half. Thats just me tho.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I need your guys help.. Having a hard time picking a good combo for a huge roost! But I want it to be safe to. Talked to Tom and he makes a 6* wedge. And a place diverter snoot has 8* thinking maybe a little to much... Anything you wish you would of done or got??

1 - 20 of 33 Posts