Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
U Kno It
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone out there running a Panther Jet and liking it? I have a 76 Omega 19.5' with a Panther pump and a fairly stock 454. The boat GPS at 62 mph. Just curious....is there anyone running 80-90 mph with a Panther Jet ? 100 mph ? :)grn

·
SWTD Pilot
39 Posts
hundy never with a panther, But I went from 64 to 78 by adding an energizer kit. I had a 19' with a 468 BBC. I have the energizer for sell right now also. This is a complete pump just pull out the one there and install the energizer pump and I gained 14 MPH. The panther pump I had was also built which I also still have. But adding the energizer pump made the biggest change.
Panther pumps need a loader added to them to gain any more speed and no one has made one yet. but we are looking at them.

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Your mph is repectable for more mph and "versatility" please check out the conversions available, We "Proto-ed" the current Panther Enegizer , now built and sold by American Turbine. This is a very complete , parts intensive kit and "user friendly" to install with minor hull modifications (relocated steering) Along with AT and other dealers we have built , and installed several with very good sucess in 18 to 23 ft boat and from 350 to 700+ Hp . Heres some info,some links and photos Call or PM if we can help you Tom

www.jetdriveconversion.com

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
Is there anyone out there running a Panther Jet and liking it? I have a 76 Omega 19.5' with a Panther pump and a fairly stock 454. The boat GPS at 62 mph. Just curious....is there anyone running 80-90 mph with a Panther Jet ? 100 mph ? :)grn
The Panther design is optomized to flow more water volume at a lower pressure than the Berk design. You can get great acceleration, but top speed is a battle you loose due to lower actual fluid velocity out of the pump.

I have heard of someone doing 90 (claiming it at least), but that it took a great deal of alteration to the intake, mostly in reducing the size. Oversized intake makes excessive drag as speed increases. These changes DID hamper the acceleration he said, and there was the trade-off.

Virtually nill as far as performance modification parts available for Panthers, unless you are your own machinist and foundry operator.

·
U Kno It
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hundy never with a panther, But I went from 64 to 78 by adding an energizer kit. I had a 19' with a 468 BBC. I have the energizer for sell right now also. This is a complete pump just pull out the one there and install the energizer pump and I gained 14 MPH. The panther pump I had was also built which I also still have. But adding the energizer pump made the biggest change.
Panther pumps need a loader added to them to gain any more speed and no one has made one yet. but we are looking at them.
Thankyou for the input Corndog. What are you asking for the energizer pump?

·
U Kno It
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your mph is repectable for more mph and "versatility" please check out the conversions available, We "Proto-ed" the current Panther Enegizer , now built and sold by American Turbine. This is a very complete , parts intensive kit and "user friendly" to install with minor hull modifications (relocated steering) Along with AT and other dealers we have built , and installed several with very good sucess in 18 to 23 ft boat and from 350 to 700+ Hp . Heres some info,some links and photos Call or PM if we can help you Tom

www.jetdriveconversion.com
Thanks for the info.

·
SWTD Pilot
39 Posts
I paid $1800.00 for it. It has a stainless B cut impeller. I would let it go for $1000.00 complete drive shaft and spacer I needed. but with out the place diverter. If you want the place diverter its $1800.00 Just the way it looks in the pitchers.It did not have the place Diverter when I got it. The place diverter is complete cable and handle and I also have the steering cable that fit in my 19" and the forward and reverse cable which I'll add with the pump if you'd like them no added cost.

If you'd like any info call me @ 702 375-3275

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
For my application I'm happy with the Energizer. Stev's setup is NICE and with taking out and then installing back in 5 bolts you'll have it swapped out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts