Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I personally know Newbomb
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever delt with Panther pumps? I need a pump rebuilt and was wondering about their quality and turn around time. Raider

·
Registered
582 Posts
Has anyone ever delt with Panther pumps? I need a pump rebuilt and was wondering about their quality and turn around time. Raider
Most people will probably tell you to get the energizer kit for it from american turbine. Jet boat performance does that work and will also mail you the parts. I would also think that Duane at HTP would do it.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Who is HTP? This is a very rare Checkmate and I want to keep it all original. Raider
If you end up going with the energizer deal, you'll just go faster:D. The hull itself won't be touched. Other than re-routing the steering cable.. If you're dead set on keeping the panther, I'd be surprised if Tom @jbp couldn't hook you up with a rebuild kit.

·
I personally know Newbomb
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx for the replys so far. Not concerned with speed. I got a Sanger v-drive and a Mantra with a Berkley for that. lol This 77 Checkmate is very pristine and want it all original if possible. Raider

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Blah Blah Blah
Like you Rondane, I too am a proud nutswinger but in this case for JBP. I have and will continue to deal with a large number of folks that provide parts and service for this hobby of ours and JBP has in the past gotten my business and will definately continue to see my business moving forward as well. I've dealt with Steve at Panther and while he seemed to be a good guy, I personally view his prices very high. Tommy, Rhonda and Josh at JBP have provided me exceptional service and prices and given the fact that he is not only just an advertiser/supporter of this site BUT actually provides tech service by either posts, PMs, emails or phone calls I personally think is commendable. Come on, he has answered my calls at night, in the morning, on the weekends. That has got to say something (likely that I can't figure anything out on my own ;) ).

Can Tommys post on this thread be viewed as advertizing? Sure, you've already pointed that out. Can it also be viewed as someone that is showing there are a number of options availbe to LakeRaider, I think so. That is certainly the way I viewed it.

No worries though, just between you and me, I enjoy many of your posts. Kinda like a car wreck. You dont wanna look but you do......:D

Take care of yourself ya nutswinger...........john

·
Registered
134 Posts
Back in the 90's, there was a guy, Andy @ Domingus industries, around the L.A. area. He was the Panther guru, do not know if he is still around.

·
U Kno It
184 Posts
Like you Rondane, I too am a proud nutswinger but in this case for JBP. I have and will continue to deal with a large number of folks that provide parts and service for this hobby of ours and JBP has in the past gotten my business and will definately continue to see my business moving forward as well. I've dealt with Steve at Panther and while he seemed to be a good guy, I personally view his prices very high. Tommy, Rhonda and Josh at JBP have provided me exceptional service and prices and given the fact that he is not only just an advertiser/supporter of this site BUT actually provides tech service by either posts, PMs, emails or phone calls I personally think is commendable. Come on, he has answered my calls at night, in the morning, on the weekends. That has got to say something (likely that I can't figure anything out on my own ;) ).

Can Tommys post on this thread be viewed as advertizing? Sure, you've already pointed that out. Can it also be viewed as someone that is showing there are a number of options availbe to LakeRaider, I think so. That is certainly the way I viewed it.

No worries though, just between you and me, I enjoy many of your posts. Kinda like a car wreck. You dont wanna look but you do......:D

Take care of yourself ya nutswinger...........john
I agree 100%. Words of wisdom.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts