Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Formerly CMac
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Residents of the Powell area know if they're having the usual parade on Thanksgiving?

·
Displaced Azian
783 Posts
Any Residents of the Powell area know if they're having the usual parade on Thanksgiving?
We used to light up the big cruiser and then go out and watch it.. lots of fun. They haven't done it for a few years. Lake Powell Yacht Club still does the chili cook and cornbread gig at the marina, but that's about it.

One good thing about the area though... the Dam Bar puts on one hell of a Thanksgiving Feast!! Last year it was 20 bucks for all you can eat Prime Rib, Turkey, etc...

·
Formerly CMac
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx for the info. i wish I could go up the the Dam bar, that sounds great, but we have a new boat puppy we will be training, so we'll be stuck at Antelope Marina.

The last time we were there for T-Giving was 2002. Parade, then wind, and the next morning a dusting of snow.

·
Displaced Azian
783 Posts
Thx for the info. i wish I could go up the the Dam bar, that sounds great, but we have a new boat puppy we will be training, so we'll be stuck at Antelope Marina.

The last time we were there for T-Giving was 2002. Parade, then wind, and the next morning a dusting of snow.
Yeah,, that made for a great parade,,, especially when the Park Service entry ran aground coming back from the Dam.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts