Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· On The Gas
1,345 Posts
We went there on Thursday. It was great. Found parking right on the main beach. Food was good. Service was fast. I was there a few weekends ago on a Saturday. I don't think I'll be trying that dealio again, especially not on a holiday weekend.

One issue was definitely how crowded the beach/bar/restaurant is. But for us, the main factor is how damn crowed the river was both ways. I swear my stress level went up 2 clicks higher than the day I got here from working a long week. Just way too much action on the river to make a trip like that.

· I'm baaaaack...
4,238 Posts
The trip from Speed Alley up to Topock and back was bad enough once that we didn't go back. The river was a "washing machine" in every part that though about being narrow. I saw a lot of jets burbling along just rying to stay afloat..... We went Friday, Saturday we decided the Channel was a better place to go.

· Registered
689 Posts
We were at Pirates on 06-28 and also on the 4th from 10:00 A.M. to about 4:00 P.M. Crowded on the 4th. Pirates were handing out wrist bands. Food was great and the service was even better. Alot of peeps on the beach in the channel area. We're still in BHC will try and post some video later on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.