Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jet boat leads race for 1 hour that deep vee put the big spank on you comp jet guys great job boat 275

·
Old Timer
1,140 Posts
That 275 Boat was flying. Does anybody know the 411 on it? Some one mentioned it used a V-Drive with a triple A impeller. What is the reason for the V-Drive?

·
Old Timer
1,140 Posts
I copied this from another thread I just found. My apologies.

It was a twin turbo Ford. It also had a Casale v-drive mounted between the motor and pump which looked to be to overdrive the jet. Very trick engineering and they did a great job with it. We clocked him running in the low 80's and it really sounded like he wasn't running it very hard.

·
Old Timer
1,140 Posts
I copied this too from Sean Mason Team Imcor. Sorry

That's my dad's boat we built for ski racing. I talked him into running the 300 since we're building a new motor for next season. It's a 515ci ford w/two turbos off an 875ci diesel blowing through a birdcatcher and two super chillers w/ elec. fuel inj. 13% overdrive on the pump. Boat will run 95 at 5,400rpm w/ a triple A impellor.

·
I do all my own stunts.
1,599 Posts
it had a Z-drive....:|err:|err,

looked at it for a few minutes, the jet was so far off the back the intake was barely part of the boat, as well it had an adjustable ride plate with a pedal like a flat

·
Boat Test GURU
516 Posts
From our boat house we got him on radar first lap first boat around 82.6 mph water smooth.

Great job 275

jw

·
Crazy Eights
1,476 Posts
Jet boat leads race for 1 hour that deep vee put the big spank on you comp jet guys great job boat 275
the guy is running a twin turbo 560-something cubic inch motor. of course hes going to put the spank on us.

i think ralph did a great job keeping up with him. he wasnt that far behind him for several laps until we started having ignition issues. :|err

1 - 9 of 9 Posts