Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Unleashedclothing
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way home yesterday from Havasu and decided to stop at Road Runner and have lunch with the kids. Well we are sitting and having lunch and a bunch of kids are running and diving off the docks. I thought it was cool and all but read all the signs saying diving is prohibited. Well my daughter wants to do it also so I told her she could if she puts her bathing suit on and it didnt look like it was in any way dangerous besides none of the people that worked there seemed to mind. My daughter tells me nevermind as she was to lazy to go back to the car and get her suit on. Well thank goodness for that. Not 1 minute later I was picking up my food when suddenly everyone starts saying checkout that jackass. I turn around in horror to see this boat towing a kid in a tube and the tube is headed right for the dock where all the kids had been diving. The kid in the tube is going about 40 or 50 mph and misses the dock by about a foot..unfortunatly the tube kept heading toward the beach where a pontoon was parked...the kid smashes right into the back of the pontoon and outboard. I immediatly run to where the kid is thinking Im going to find some major trauma. A couple of others run also and thank goodness one of the guys on the scene is a paramedic. The kid had a deep laceration on one shin and said his head hurt real bad but other than that it didnt seem like any major injuries. The paramedics showed up and put him in a brace....Just wondering if the kid is ok and if anyone found out what the driver of the boat was thinking??? I know I watched in amazement as the people in the boat just floated and didnt seem in a hurry to get to the injured kid..do you have any info boatcop???

Deano

http://www.myspace.com/unleashedhardcore

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have not been to the river all summer and the shit i seen this weekend alone just amazes me how 10 people are not killed every weekend in parker.I had a least almost 3 head on's one sea doo that turned in front of me seen me and turned back away so i go to give it gas and they make a sudden turn directly in front of me again.People pulling tubers through holiday harbor fuckking stupid ass sea doo people floating through holiday harbor.Twice i got pinched off in a turn by a on coming tuber no where to go one time the turn into holiday harbor.For the dumb asses not smart enough to figure it out if your in parker go to a wide area with minimal traffic and not a huge current to pull you loved ones.

·
Don't Taze Me, Bro!
1,885 Posts
The kid's OK. Cut leg and a few bruises.

The guy towing the tube had one kid fall off, and was turning around to pick him up when he swung the tube (and the other kid) into the docked boat.

We'll run the info by the County Attorney to see whether we want to file any charges on the guy. Unfortunately "Idiot in Public" isn't a crime. YET! ;)

·
3,246 Posts
Throw that book at that C*ck S*cker

·
Registered
247 Posts
We were at Mead this weekend and it seems every trip there are more and more dumb people. This family in an old bayliner comes into a cove full speed where there are about 20 boats just chillin with people all over in the water. Stirs all the water up. No courtesy at all.

Then when he leaves his two girls maybe 9 or 10 are sitting on the front of the bow with their feet hangin off and he is going probably 15mph? Could not beleive the stupidity. If either fell they would have gone right under the boat?

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
This will surprise the boat cop but at this point, who is not in for manditory boating safety classes. You can sell them a boat but you cant sell them brains. After boating for over 40 years without an incident I would take one right know. M

·
Don't Taze Me, Bro!
1,885 Posts
This will surprise the boat cop but at this point, who is not in for manditory boating safety classes. You can sell them a boat but you cant sell them brains. After boating for over 40 years without an incident I would take one right know. M
August 23rd at our Boating Safety Center.

See you there! ;)

·
Registered
3,892 Posts

See you there! ;)
Alan, would love to be there but cannot drive to Parker right now. Work is down and boat is sitting. More local and in more areas would be a plus. Never to old or to bold to learn. But next time I am in Parker If you are on duty I would like to stop buy and just say "GOOD JOB". Mark

·
Don't Taze Me, Bro!
1,885 Posts
Alan,

are there any other classes scheduled for the rest of 08 ? how long, how much, and what is all taught, thanks.
We cover the curriculum set up by the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators and the US Coast Guard. It's the National Standard for Boating Safety Instruction, with the local stuff thrown in.

It's an 8 hour class. Ours are free, but some classes charge a nominal fee for supplies. Usually $5 - $10 per person or family.

The course will satisfy any state's boating education requirements.

Here's a list of all the Arizona classes for 2008:

http://www.azgfd.gov/i_e/edits/boating_education.shtml

·
Unleashedclothing
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The kid's OK. Cut leg and a few bruises.

The guy towing the tube had one kid fall off, and was turning around to pick him up when he swung the tube (and the other kid) into the docked boat.

We'll run the info by the County Attorney to see whether we want to file any charges on the guy. Unfortunately "Idiot in Public" isn't a crime. YET! ;)
Thanks for the info. We found it odd that no one in the boat came for the kid on shore..maybe they were waiting for the other kid that fell off to get to the boat???

Deano

http://www.myspace.com/unleashedhardcore

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts

See you there! ;)
Need to make it mandatory here as well. I thought some of these Utards were just bad drivers on the road. They're just as bad on the water.
Most don't know what the freakin' buoys mean. Running on both side of the buoys not know which side is which. Cutting inside of the buoys on approach to the mouth of the harbor so you have to thread through the idiots to get out. No one knows approach right of way. Bunch of freakin' weekend warriors. Don't know how many times someone's turned in front of me heading out of the harbor not knowing who's got the right of way.
O.K my rant's over....sorry.

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
I have not been to the river all summer and the shit i seen this weekend alone just amazes me how 10 people are not killed every weekend in parker.I had a least almost 3 head on's one sea doo that turned in front of me .
X2

It's changed for some reason.
More wrong ways, more Crazy PWC'ers than the past.
Something is different on the water with boat traffic along the Parker Strip.

·
Slum Lord
2,854 Posts
I'd rather have my daughter be pissed at me(again) for saying no when I feel the conditions to go tubing or skiing are not safe........

·
Registered
885 Posts
X2
I will second that... I don't know what it is.... But it is different..... Lots more wake surfing and inter-tubes. And Fewer 30' + boat....

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
X2

It's changed for some reason.
More wrong ways, more Crazy PWC'ers than the past.
X3.
and how about the "sea-pigs"? thats what i call the costco special boats with 8' of free board cruising off plane usaully towing an innertube back and forth across the entire river. also three to four boats from either dirrection trying to figure out which way the river pig will turn next. used to be you saw one or two of these pig like vessels now they're everywhere. and don't even get mne started on the dumbass flat billers with the wake board boats that don't have a clue as to why i'm giving them the finger.:|err i'm glad to see the leo's at least riding herd on some of the jet ski's here and there. i wish they'd just plant a LEO Boat right in front of emerald cove all day. they'd make some revenue for sure. i haven't boated on a weekend in parker for years with out at least 2-3 near misses with sea-doo every day i'm on the water. in every case if i didn't anticipate their stupidity it would end in tragidy. i'm going to start carrying my air horn right next to me instead of in the ski locker.

·
Registered
797 Posts
X3.
and how about the "sea-pigs"? thats what i call the costco special boats with 8' of free board cruising off plane usaully towing an innertube back and forth across the entire river. also three to four boats from either dirrection trying to figure out which way the river pig will turn next. used to be you saw one or two of these pig like vessels now they're everywhere. and don't even get mne started on the dumbass flat billers with the wake board boats that don't have a clue as to why i'm giving them the finger.:|err i'm glad to see the leo's at least riding herd on some of the jet ski's here and there. i wish they'd just plant a LEO Boat right in front of emerald cove all day. they'd make some revenue for sure. i haven't boated on a weekend in parker for years with out at least 2-3 near misses with sea-doo every day i'm on the water. in every case if i didn't anticipate their stupidity it would end in tragidy. i'm going to start carrying my air horn right next to me instead of in the ski locker.
Lighten up francis! ;):D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts