Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Get and stay out of your comfort zone. “Security is for cadavers.”

Never give up. Almost nothing works the first time it’s attempted. “The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed.”

Take things a day at a time. No matter how difficult your situation is,. You can get through anything one day at a time.

Always be moving forward. Never stop improving. Never stop doing something new.

Be quick to decide. Remember what the Union Civil War general, Tecumseh Sherman said: “A good plan violently executed today is far and away better than a perfect plan tomorrow.”

Measure everything of significance. I swear this is true. Anything that is measured and watched, improves.

Anything that is not managed will deteriorate.
Pay attention to your competitors, but pay more attention to what you’re doing. Your Competitors aren't as good as they look.

Never let anybody push you around.

Never expect life to be fair. Life isn’t fair. You make your own breaks.

Solve your own problems. You’ll find that by coming up with your own solutions, you’ll develop a competitive edge. “A wise man keeps his own counsel.”

Don’t take yourself too seriously. Lighten up, You ain't that good.

There’s always a reason to smile. Find it. “We’re not here for a long time; we’re here for a good time.”

·
'Glass slinger
984 Posts
I just printed that. Somehow, it summarized the last five years of my life...

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Should you care to include all or part of this article in your publications you have my permission to do so"

Copyright © 2004 - 2005 Bob Parsons All rights reserved.

I went through bootcamp with Bob. He is the creator, and sole owner of Go Daddy.com.
He founded then sold the 1000 employee, 150 million per year dollar Parsons Technology company.

A little more about Bob Parsons:

Not all of my life events were happy ones.
I was stood up to be executed twice during a robbery of a gas station where I was working when I was 16. To my amazement, my would-be executioner could not muster the nerve to pull the trigger. This saved both of us. I lived, and while he went to jail, he did not go there forever. Eventually, in spite of other witnesses of that and other crimes, I was the only one who testified against the two perpetrators. They both received major jail sentences.

I was with a United States Marine Corps rifle company in Viet Nam while in 1969. As a combat rifleman, I learned several key life lessons that resulted in some of the rules I try to live by. I learned first hand how significant a role "luck" or karma can play in our lives.

The rifle company I was assigned to, Delta Company of the 1st Batallion, 26th Marines, operated in the rice paddys of Quang Nam province. We operated on the squad level (7 to 10 of us, depending on casualties), and most every night we left our command post and went several kilometers out into the rice paddys and set up in ambush. I was wounded and medevaced to Japan. I returned to Viet Nam several times after that, but came back as a courier of classified documents. Although I requested (at least twice) to return to my old rifle company, the transfer was never approved.

After the Marine Corps, I used the G.I. Bill to attend college, and graduated from the University of Baltimore with a degree in accounting. I attended college mostly at night. After college, I took and passed the CPA exam. I worked only a few years as an accountant. The lion's share of my career has been spent as an entrepreneur.

·
Court Jester
445 Posts
Get and stay out of your comfort zone. “Security is for cadavers.”

Never give up. Almost nothing works the first time it’s attempted. “The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed.”

Take things a day at a time. No matter how difficult your situation is,. You can get through anything one day at a time.

Always be moving forward. Never stop improving. Never stop doing something new.

Be quick to decide. Remember what the Union Civil War general, Tecumseh Sherman said: “A good plan violently executed today is far and away better than a perfect plan tomorrow.”

Measure everything of significance. I swear this is true. Anything that is measured and watched, improves.

Anything that is not managed will deteriorate.
Pay attention to your competitors, but pay more attention to what you’re doing. Your Competitors aren't as good as they look.

Never let anybody push you around.

Never expect life to be fair. Life isn’t fair. You make your own breaks.

Solve your own problems. You’ll find that by coming up with your own solutions, you’ll develop a competitive edge. “A wise man keeps his own counsel.”

Don’t take yourself too seriously. Lighten up, You ain't that good.

There’s always a reason to smile. Find it. “We’re not here for a long time; we’re here for a good time.”
I like it...think I will print them.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Excellent. I will take it to the office. Also, "inspect what you expect"...

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts

EXACTLY!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts