Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, what's everybodys favorites to run? I 'm looking to change mine out.........john

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SPICER !!! :D or you could run KUNG WONG FU hp series Mornin' John :)coffee
Hey Tommy..thanks again for the goodie package.

Since you keep telling me you are the next coming of ol what's his name, give me a part number biotch........:)gay:(

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Johnny I'mm likin those Chong foo ones made from ground up Tibetan ox carts :D , which style DL do you have ? you should have gotten a new beefy a$$ input slpine delio ? are yours push in or strap on ?

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Johnny I'mm likin those Chong foo ones made from ground up Tibetan ox carts :D , which style DL do you have ? you should have gotten a new beefy a$$ input slpine delio ? are yours push in or strap on ?
Yup Tommy, I got the new input spline dealio that straps on. My existing driveline that I'll be putting it on is the press in type with the attached PTO flange

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Spicer baby. They have been the standard forever.

American made still too, I think.

SB Products is now making tool steel 1350 u-joints. Stronger than 1450's.

Brian

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
SB Products is now making tool steel 1350 u-joints. Stronger than 1450's(1 ton).

But other than that, Spicer baby. They have been the standard forever.

American made still too, I think.

Brian
Buy American made goods whenever you can, the job you save may be your own.

NICE Brian !! :)
Jrork Post up a pic maybe so as we can see what ya got ?

·
B.A.M aka "Black Azz Mike
2,925 Posts
I use Autozone or Carquest. They are pretty much all the same with the smae part numbers. if you can mic the caps and the width I can get you part numbers. My driveline takes part number 1-0154 which has the grease zerk in the cap.

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the quick response guys. I really appreciate it.

Caps are 1.063"
Width cap to cap is 3.250"

Here's a pic of the parts broken out. (please ignore the mess, they'll be shiny before I reassemble, promise)

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
I don't have part numbers for you, but I am pretty sure those are 1310 U-joint dimensions.

Get Spicers, you won't be dissapointed.

Brian

Thanks for the quick response guys. I really appreciate it.

Caps are 1.063"
Width cap to cap is 3.250"

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Don't eat your wheaties before you tighten the U-bolt straps either. Tighten them up just enough to hold it in place, but not enough to crush or deform the cap. I believe there are "ears" on your yoke that prevent the cup from coming out.

Brian

·
B.A.M aka "Black Azz Mike
2,925 Posts
Don't eat your wheaties before you tighten the U-bolt straps either. Tighten them up just enough to hold it in place, but not enough to crush or deform the cap. I believe there are "ears" on your yoke that prevent the cup from coming out.

Brian

Good point Brian;)

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Good point Brian;)
Just trying to pass on some of the harder lessions I learned in my early days of playing with cars.

They don't last long all tightened down, especially on the freeway while on the way to a car show in Vegas.

You will get about half way there, usually.

Brian

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
John with your Conversion it shouldn't be a problem ,I agree there probably a standard 1310 which I belive will work with clips or straps but that DL is an early Rockwell (uses a 1350?) I'll go to the shop later and try to come up with a PN# gotta go make a couple hard passes on the Lawn Tractor :|err

heres some info josh put together http://www.jetboatperformance.com/index.php?p=drivelineeducation

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
A 1350 is around 3.5 across the caps.

The Rockwell flange that was coupled to my Olds was a 1310/1310.

Brian

John with your Conversion it shouldn't be a problem ,I agree there probably a standard 1310 which I belive will work with clips or straps but that DL is an early Rockwell (uses a 1350?) I'll go to the shop later and try to come up with a PN# gotta go make a couple hard passes on the Lawn Tractor :|err

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Jrork,

Check your "H bar" out real close too. Man I can't tell for sure, maybe it is the camera angle, but it looks like the H bar is bent out on the left side lower ear.

Brian

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks so much guys. I really appreciate it.

Brian, you must have talked to Tommy about me, If it can be overtightened or broke by pulling too hard on a wrench, I'm your man. Thanks much for the heads up.

Here's a pic with some measurements, Outside to Outside 3.17 to 3.16, Inside to Inside 2.39 to 2.38

Thanks again.....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts