Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Some guy
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Posting as an old friend of Don Blair. It's been almost one year since he passed away, and his building recently sold, so they are clearing out tons of stuff. Besides all of the various engine block cores, there are a few items that may be of interest to boat guys. A few of the smaller parts are here, the rest at the building in Covina, CA.

There are one or more storage containers available as well. Two of those are semi truck trailers, a third is a free standing approximately 28 ft long trailer in fair condition.

PM me for more information.

Turbo 400 transmission, clean, condition unknown $200
GM BBC gen 6 aluminum valve covers $50
Edelbrock Torquer II oval port intake BBC sold
Dooley Gen 5/6 10 qt marine pan $225
GM Gen 6 4 bolt std bore 454 blocks $400 (2 available)
Rex Marine cast aluminum BBC valve covers with Moon breathers $175
Harland Sharp BBC roller rockers $130
Mickey Thompson valve covers with moon breathers (dirty, missing one breather cap) $50
Old marine pan,, it's got an old Gale Banks sticker on it,, $150

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yeah, I heard about the shop selling finally, I have to help Jason get his MG out of there next weekend.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I didnt know Don had passed. I went to his shop when he moved on Arrow Hwy. A man of vast knowledge. Last place he had was on Citrus Ave. Covina. Just around the corner from my old house. R.I.P.

·
Some guy
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didnt know Don had passed. I went to his shop when he moved on Arrow Hwy. A man of vast knowledge. Last place he had was on Citrus Ave. Covina. Just around the corner from my old house. R.I.P.
I believe it's been a year this coming weekend. Rod and Custom had interviewed him not too long before that and did a good article on him The Don Blair Story - Rod & Custom Magazine

·
Some guy
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can tell by looking at the underside of the rocker at the area milled away for the pushrod cup.

Thanks Bob,, I didn't bother looking on the website, only did a quick visual inspection and felt the rollers on all of them. Based on the photo they would be 1.7's.

·
Some guy
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What is the lowdown on the belt sander?
It's an older head surfacing machine,, I didn't check it out too closely but can find out more. I do know it's had an issue with the belt not tracking straight. I am sure it can be had cheap if someone wanted to mess with it. I can check with him tomorrow afternoon and get price, or submit an offer for you. It's a brand name machine, I just don't recall what it was.

·
Some guy
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I saw the bead blaster and wheel abrader trailered off to the scrap yard today, kind of sad to see that happen. Someone else came in and bought all of the engine blocks, with the exception of the two Gen 6 454 blocks listed above

·
Some guy
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK,, the shop is empty and closed, I have most of the above listed parts at my place,, all proceeds going to the estate, not to me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts