Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are considering a change from the performance V-bottom to a used party cat.(I'm just not ready for a Toon)How do they handle loaded with people and gear ? Is a 496 HO enough power ? I've seen a few Carrera's I like.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
We are considering a change from the performance V-bottom to a used party cat.(I'm just not ready for a Toon)How do they handle loaded with people and gear ? Is a 496 HO enough power ? I've seen a few Carrera's I like.

Thanks
NO !! NSF

G

·

Thanks
It depends on how fast you want to go, Most 26 to 28' deckboats will run in the high 60's, minimum, with an HO

·
Nine pieces of Eight
1,377 Posts
I believe that he's affraid of the water :p
Stay's in the house watching the same movies over and over.I'm convinced he tells himself jokes during the commute home.
He is busy running about a dozen businesses at one time when Oceans 37 isn't playing in the VHS. It's a good thing he doesn't like the water because he might want to drive that future deck boat and that could lead to.....foil tape.:D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aahhahahahil:)
I considered buying a video camera and giving it to Mrs HM for a Moho documentary.
Roadside tantrums-roadrage-gas pump fill ups
And of coarse,WHAT"S THAT SMELL ?!!!

·
Nine pieces of Eight
1,377 Posts
Aahhahahahil:)
I considered buying a video camera and giving it to Mrs HM for a Moho documentary.
Roadside tantrums-roadrage-gas pump fill ups
And of coarse,WHAT"S THAT SMELL ?!!!
:D:D:D

Poor Frank and that MH. I am not sure he is convinced it's a good thing. Seems to run good minus the somke on downgrades:). Keeps the kids warm.

What's that smell? I hate that freaking game. We also have to play that from time to time.

·
BIG member
1,406 Posts

Thanks
I've got a 26' party cat for sale in the classified section if you are interested. later

·
Registered
656 Posts

Thanks
It depends on the boat. If you are refering to an actual "party cat" then no. Party cats are big. Magics are snails with he HO as well. You will be doing 60ish on kill. You will not be happy with the power. You need to step it up to at least a 525.

I have a 99 28' with a completely rebuilt, 0hr, 625hp by shoemaker for 45ish.:D

·
Registered
366 Posts
I don't know too much about our boat, I just ride in it...but we have the 28' Conquest Top Cat II with a 525. We normally have around 8 people, 3 very full ice chests, a ton of stereo equipment, 2 very heavy batteries, and a generator onboard and according to hubby we run in the 60's with a full tank of gas. The party cat was the best boat we ever bought. It fits our family perfectly.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
I have 26 deck that runs fine with an HO

If you ate looking to cruise at 80 then no
Dont use Johns boat as an example, its a rarity for sure. Anybody saying they run more than 67-68 mph with a 28 ft boat is, well, not telling it like it is, PERIOD and thats one person in the winter. Summer time speeds with normal loads youre at low sixties at like Deano said. If you are happy with that then yes a 496HO will suffice. Hope that helps and as far as economy I have noticed no difference between a blue motor and the 496, they both suck fuel at an alarming rate. NSF

G

·
Dont use Johns boat as an example, its a rarity for sure. Anybody saying they run more than 67-68 mph with a 28 ft boat is, well, not telling it like it is, PERIOD and thats one person in the winter. Summer time speeds with normal loads youre at low sixties at like Deano said. If you are happy with that then yes a 496HO will suffice. Hope that helps and as far as economy I have noticed no difference between a blue motor and the 496, they both suck fuel at an alarming rate. NSF
It depends on how fast you want to go, Most 26 to 28' deckboats will run in the high 60's, minimum, with an HO
:D

Guess I should said low 60's

1 - 20 of 50 Posts