Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Steve
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some kind of passenger foot pedal. Looking for ideas on where to buy or how to make one. Needs to be sturdy and not get in the way of steering cables. Any pics would be a huge help.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
Steve, I've done it several different ways. The easiest and actually least expensive way is to use BMX (bicycle moto-x) front wheel foot pegs. Just go on E-bay and search that part, you won't believe that myriad of choices of color & shape. I went with just plain smooth chrome plated pegs for a whopping price of $12.95! Here's a pic. I used them both, however you can use just 1 peg on one side of the stringer. Jocko

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
No pics but the same idea as Jocko. Rear folding pegs from a motorcycle. When not in use they sit in close to the stringer. Seemed to work pretty well.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Steve, I've done it several different ways. The easiest and actually least expensive way is to use BMX (bicycle moto-x) front wheel foot pegs. Just go on E-bay and search that part, you won't believe that myriad of choices of color & shape. I went with just plain smooth chrome plated pegs for a whopping price of $12.95! Here's a pic. I used them both, however you can use just 1 peg on one side of the stringer. Jocko
Same deal. I only did one since the other side would get in the way of the cables. Mine were actually motorcycle passenger foot pegs or something like that. 20 bucks total in it.

·
Registered
688 Posts
That looks great Jayson. Say, who did your seats? I want to put new grey cloth seats in the WT flat. Jocko
A shop right near me called Joe's upholstery. They came out pretty good and we're reasonably priced. Mine are tweed and I always put a towel over them.

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
A shop right near me called Joe's upholstery. They came out pretty good and we're reasonably priced. Mine are tweed and I always put a towel over them.
Thanks, I want to do mine exactly like yours with the welding the same color as my anodized rigging, kind of a tangerine color. Probably get some new 20" wide seats too. Jocko

·
Registered
688 Posts
Thanks, I want to do mine exactly like yours with the welding the same color as my anodized rigging, kind of a tangerine color. Probably get some new 20" wide seats too. Jocko
That would look badass! As long as you have the foam it should be reasonably priced. That foam is what's expensive.

·
Steve
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's exactly what I was looking for. Looks easy enough. I'll have to get a set and see if they clear the cables. If not, I'll just run one side. Thanks for all the pics.
:))THumbsUp

·
world's oldest teenager
685 Posts
This is how I did it on my Barron Sprint when I had it. I copied what I had in my Cracker Box race boats.

·
Steve
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is how I did it on my Barron Sprint when I had it. I copied what I had in my Cracker Box race boats.
That's a good way to keep 'em out of the cables. I've seen a few on ebay for passenger setups for like a Harley that look like they would get 'em up over the cables too. Still on the fence about something like that. Compared to simply drilling one hole in stringer and being done with it. I very rarely take a passenger, usually just my better half every now and then. So the quick and easy is looking pretty good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts