Performance Boats Forum banner

221 - 240 of 275 Posts

·
26' Sleekcraft
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
Greg the pearl was added in with the the first clear coat. I might have said it was added to the gel but it was not. After the first clear coat with pearl application lay on another application of clear without the pearl. Lightly sand that coat and spray your last clear coat on without pearl.

The clear goat deepens the red color has you see it in my photos.

Sonlymoney not much has change since my last post. I am kind of taking a break and doing some honeydo's around the house to make the wife happy. She is holding the funds for completion hostage until I get the yard into shape. That lawn got pretty long not mowing it for two years I was working on the boat. :|err

·
Registered
444 Posts
Thanks for that tip I will pass it on to my shop. I'm a little concerned because we primed the hull black so I anticipate that the Valspar red coat will darken a bit, just not sure how much. I am also having a sample of the Mobern sent over. Sorry to take you colors but given the tremendous job you are doing, why argue with experience :):) The Mobern looked a lot darker then I would have thought in the color chart but the computer tends to distort the color.

Attachments

·
26' Sleekcraft
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
Nothing done since I last posted. After 5 years remodeling the houseboat and 2 years the Sleekcraft my wife said she wants the house fixed up for our 30 year anniversary party in June. She has been very patient with me the last 7 years so I decided if I wanted to make it to 31 I better get my back end in gear and make her happy. Now if you want pictures of the house, those I got. Things are starting to look pretty good around here and should hold me over through the next boat project :)

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
nothing done since i last posted. After 5 years remodeling the houseboat and 2 years the sleekcraft my wife said she wants the house fixed up for our 30 year anniversary party in june. She has been very patient with me the last 7 years so i decided if i wanted to make it to 31 i better get my back end in gear and make her happy. Now if you want pictures of the house, those i got. Things are starting to look pretty good around here and should hold me over through the next boat project :)
wise man

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Seems to work for Don!...and all of his customers.....I mean, he's been around this area doing excellent work for his customers far longer than you or I.
I have been hearing about Pats fiberglass all through growing up, cant say that about many Fiberglass guys in these parts. the booth looks fine IMO, not to mention what falls on the surface tends to get sanded out anyway.

·
26' Sleekcraft
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
I took a break from the boat spending so much time on it. Now I am watching my pennies in this economy until after the first of the year. And my upholster is turning out to be a real flake but I knew that going into it. He is still a nice guy but I was warned.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Woweeee

Hi EJ,
I'm in Long Beach and a lifelong Sleekcraft fan. My neighbor had one build in the 1970's at the plant off of the 605 freeway on Crusader Ave in Cerritos. I've been a Carlson fanatic for the past 20 years and just sold mine.
I'm picking up my 1987 Executive with 265 original hours on the 454 and Bravo drive. It's blues, grey and white. I'm just looking forward to some seat time in my new baby. After reading your thread for the past hour I need a friggin cigarette. (I don't even smoke!!!!!)

I'm gonna look you up sometime since were neighbors.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Pics of 1989 Sleekcraft Executive, 260 hours since new. 454/Bravo 1

These pics were taken where she's been sitting for 2 years in a barn in Paso Robles. The glaring hits on it are the gel coat on the deck is hazy and the windshield is cracked. I had the guy in Anaheim do the plexi on my Carlson, he was good, so I'll use hin for windshield. I guess I'll have to use Pat's for the gel coat on the deck. Anyone have an idea what that might run? It doesn't kill me to have the hazy stuff, but I'm thinking it might by the time I get under London Bridge in April!

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
need a windshield

I talked to wayne earl manufacturing in Anaheim today. They want 475.00 for a windshield. I felt like he was ripping me off, he asked me if I needed moonroof windows too, 850.00 for the pair!
I had them do the 2 piece windshield on my Carlson 5 years ago and it ran less than $500.00 for the pair. I'm thinking a windshield should run around 250-300 bucks.
I've enclosed some new pics, you can see the short windshield in the water pic pretty good..

Attachments

221 - 240 of 275 Posts