Performance Boats Forum banner

241 - 260 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
The moonroof windows are flawless. No silicone gooped all around the edges, this is one of the first thing I asked the p.o., I've seen so many of them uglied out. I'm a stickler for original resto's I'm gonna put the wind screen back on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anaheim?

Who is the guy in Anaheim? :)Unsure

These pics were taken where she's been sitting for 2 years in a barn in Paso Robles. The glaring hits on it are the gel coat on the deck is hazy and the windshield is cracked. I had the guy in Anaheim do the plexi on my Carlson, he was good, so I'll use hin for windshield. I guess I'll have to use Pat's for the gel coat on the deck. Anyone have an idea what that might run? It doesn't kill me to have the hazy stuff, but I'm thinking it might by the time I get under London Bridge in April!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Actually, the company is Wayne Earl in Placentia. I got prices from $375.00 at Wet Monkey in Lake Havasu, $475.00 from Wayne Earl and $650.00 from Finneys in Lake Havasu.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Plexi

Hi EJ, been following your resto for a while.. I've got an 87' Sleekcraft 25ft. Ambassador that I have rebuilt Jetdrive-454cu. and am now starting floor and paint.. What a big help you have been for my project thanks..

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Plexi Glass

Amazingly my plexi dont leak.. But they are sun faded, soooo I'm just painting them black and Im done with them. :)no:Not pulling out cause screws are rusted in)

·
26' Sleekcraft
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
Cool Sleek. The gauges have been gone for a while. Free stuff goes fast. I think I have the original ski post left and the swim platforms. Tell me what you are going to do to that engine. How fast was the Sleek with the 454?

·
26' Sleekcraft
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
Also I got one of my seats back yesterday. I'll post pics later. It looks great. We scrapped the new side panels and started over again trying to make them more simple to install.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi MN,
I love the colors. I'm wondering if you can take a close up pic of your side sleek craft decal? I want to duplicate it but I can't find an up close picture that a sticker guy can digitize and copy. The previous owner removed them and I'm a stickler for original stuff. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Engine 454

EJ, 454 has been bored 60 over, .512 lift cam, eldelbrock intake, 750 Holley Race...
GPS 55mph.. Looking to add droop snoot to add 5mph.
Dreamin for 60mph.
P.S. Hit 55mph before adding new 750 holley race.. Had very old bad running 750 on when hit 55mph...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did too, and it would if i had a bigger jet pump trust me. This 454 could spin up a much bigger pump. They do make bigger ones but they are around 12K. It feels like putting 400ft lbs. Tourc on a bicycle. It would be a great setup if my 454 could turn 12K RPM but it only can do little over 5K rpm. thought about replacing with a 383 stroker motor but the cost of getting all parts needed would be insane most would have to be hand made. Kinda like wht i had to do to get this one working. Lol!!!

·
26' Sleekcraft
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
Here are some pics of the front seat.

P1000832.JPG

Drop Down Bolster.

P1000834.JPG

Carbon Fiber inlay.

P1000837.JPG

Double Stitched around corners. The first attempt was single stitched which let the material bunch up.

P1000838.JPG

Stainless High acorn nuts

P1000839.jpg

Removable carpet pad at the foot rest.

P1000833.JPG

·
Registered
268 Posts
The double stitching looks a lot better than earlier pics. You still using the same guy? april is only 4 months away, you better get busy! I don't wanna have the best Sleekcraft on the lake......sure I don't!:D

·
AKA OhOneWS6
2,637 Posts
I did too, and it would if i had a bigger jet pump trust me. This 454 could spin up a much bigger pump. They do make bigger ones but they are around 12K. It feels like putting 400ft lbs. Tourc on a bicycle. It would be a great setup if my 454 could turn 12K RPM but it only can do little over 5K rpm. thought about replacing with a 383 stroker motor but the cost of getting all parts needed would be insane most would have to be hand made. Kinda like wht i had to do to get this one working. Lol!!!
It's good to see another one of these that is a jet. You should spend some time in the jet forum. It's not that you need a "Bigger" pump. There is a lot of tuning you can do to the pump you have. You are lucky yours has a Berkeley to begin with and not a Jacuzzi. There is tons of after market support for the pump you have. Don't waste your time with that small block. The big block is a much better choice for a jet. Jets are not any where near as efficient as an out drive. It takes a lot more HP and torque to realize the same top end MPH. You will however leave them out of the hole. You can also boat in 12" of water on plane and pull right up on the beach without worry of damaging hundreds/thousands of dollars worth of prop and lower unit.

Boat still looks amazing Eric. Hopefully business picks up for you early next year so you can get her finished. Can't wait to see her on the water.

241 - 260 of 275 Posts