Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may remember a while back when I posted a question about putting a 5.0 in my 65 falcon. Well I picked up a 5.0/5spd combo out of an 88 mustang which I converted to carburetor and installed in my car. I installed an edelbrock performer intake/650dp with a Carter electric fuel pump. I also installed a stock distributor from an 85 5.0 and some 1.7 roller rockers.

Well a couple days ago I picked up a Paxton sn-60 supercharger along with the brackets to install on my motor. This is the same unit they used to install on gt350 mustangs back in the 60's. Now I need to figure out the fuel system, plumbing, pulleys and ignition to successfully instal it on my car. I searched the internet but can't find any detailed instructions. Do any of you have any experience with this set-up.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Some of you may remember a while back when I posted a question about putting a 5.0 in my 65 falcon. Well I picked up a 5.0/5spd combo out of an 88 mustang which I converted to carburetor and installed in my car. I installed an edelbrock performer intake/650dp with a Carter electric fuel pump. I also installed a stock distributor from an 85 5.0 and some 1.7 roller rockers.

Well a couple days ago I picked up a Paxton sn-60 supercharger along with the brackets to install on my motor. This is the same unit they used to install on gt350 mustangs back in the 60's. Now I need to figure out the fuel system, plumbing, pulleys and ignition to successfully instal it on my car. I searched the internet but can't find any detailed instructions. Do any of you have any experience with this set-up.
Get ahold of these guys. They will give you the straight scoop. Depending on the fuel pump you currently have, you may need a different one, and the carb needs tweeking. These are you guys.
LINK: C&S blow thru carbs

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts

Is this one with an enclosed carb?

·
Platinum Member
2,014 Posts
I have a couple of early mustangs 65 and 66 set up with the Paxton superchargers

I would go to the mechanical fuel pump and back pressure the vent hole

I ran the 600 cfm and converted the rear metering plate to a metering block

Go 2 jet sizes on the primary bigger and 4 jet sizes larger on the secondary will get you in the ball park

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
I have a couple of early mustangs 65 and 66 set up with the Paxton superchargers

I would go to the mechanical fuel pump and back pressure the vent hole

I ran the 600 cfm and converted the rear metering plate to a metering block

Go 2 jet sizes on the primary bigger and 4 jet sizes larger on the secondary will get you in the ball park
Amatuer outboard hack! Its called boost referenced! Geez Steve, raised in a convent by nuns?

Do your Mustangs use the "old school" enclosure, or a bonnet?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Platinum Member
2,014 Posts
Amatuer outboard hack! Its called boost referenced! Geez Steve, raised in a convent by nuns?

Do your Mustangs use the "old school" enclosure, or a bonnet?
No, but my wife was raised in a convent by nuns for real !!!

And my daughter had a Chelsea lorry in England and it had a bonnet

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I asked the same question husqy. What are you planning on running?
I'm leaning towards the blow thru. It will require a more extensive fuel system and carb, but makes it easier to add boost down the line. I'm in no rush to do the install, and will do a lot of research prior to the install.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I understand you're planning to run a blow thru, I was wondering if your planning on a bonnet, or a encosure.
Sorry I'm new to this topic and not totally up to speed on the terminology. My plan is to run a bonnet

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Sorry I'm new to this topic and not totally up to speed on the terminology. My plan is to run a bonnet
:thumb: The enclosure is "period correct" but its not the best way. They enclosed the carb back then because it ridded them of the problem of fuel being pushed past the shafts. That issue has been licked today. The bonnet has better flow thru the carb than the enclosures do and nobody runs one if they are making serious power. I would never run a bonnet on a enclosed engine in a boat because I still don't trust the shaft seal well enough. But in a open deal or a car, no problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts