Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.k. I have got a few emails in my spam box suposedly from pay pal. I've pretty much ignored them all because for starters....I don't have a friggin paypal acct. Just got another one this one straight to my in box. Says it's from pay pal< [email protected]. Says some crap about during a recent screening bla bla, we found what looks like an issue regarding you acct bla bal. Wtf? I just tried to call pay pal and talk to some one......good luck with that. I wasn't going to worry about it, but then I started wondering if someone else is using my email address??? I don't know chit about pay pal. Whatta you guys think??? Gives me a case # pp-139-853-2319:)Unsure

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
scam, i get that 1 all the time. they just want you to type in your password and info, then they steal your identity

·
639 Posts
PayPal rarely sends e-mails. If they do, the e-mail address is @paypal.com

And if they do, they tell you to log into your account and do not provide a link.

The e-mail you got is [email protected]y not from paypal.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gotcha, thanks guys. They're not the brightest bunch of scammers. I think someone forgot to tell them it might work better on someone who accually HAS a pay pal acct.lol For a minute I was worried that someone else was up to no good with my email/paypal.

·
639 Posts
Gotcha, thanks guys. They're not the brightest bunch of scammers. I think someone forgot to tell them it might work better on someone who accually HAS a pay pal acct.lol For a minute I was worried that someone else was up to no good with my email/paypal.
It is a phishing scam that is sent out to hundreds of thousands of e-mails...which cost nothing. If they can scam 1% of the people, then they are having a good day.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Never open any attachments on them! bad bad bad!!

·
Administrator
11,649 Posts
Forward the entire email you got to [email protected]. They will deal with it.

I get this crap weekly.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
Yeah, I get Pay Pal phishing attempts every day almost, as does every one with or without an account.
Pay Pal does not send links.
I can tell you that some of the scams use a PERFECT reproduction of the Pay Pal page, EXCEPT it will not be secure, as evidenced by the little padlock not being locked at the bottom right of the screen.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Happens to ebay quite a bit also. Best thing to do is always type in the site in your browser and go look at your account that way. Never use the links provided to put your information into. Quick way to get your account hijacked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts