Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a good friend that works for the energy giant and i heard some bad news...the economy is really doing bad these large companies are going under first payless shoes, then mervyns now barbarque galore...for all those people who wanted that cool bbq stuff especially that dream island keep you eyes open for sales

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Sure wish the economy would turn around.

Had a feeling Mervyns wasnt doing so well last yeare when went to one of the stores and stuff was all over the place like a bomb went through it.

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
I would watch Wamu and Wachovia. Lots of exposure in the Real Estate.

No one is going to tell you upfront. It would cause Pandemonium. What would sink a bank quickest. Everyone running to get their money.

I spread the word to my friends a few months ago to keep you eyes on those two.

This is why the government just jumped in on Fannie and Freddie.

Wall Street was a big player in the mortgage crisis.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Why run to get your money??.................Unless you have over 100k in your account, it's FDIC insured....
Don't know if there's any truth to it, but my buddy says just because its insured doesn't mean that you will have immediate access to that money. Sure they owe it to you, but nothing says that they are going to pay you right away. So it might be nice to just pull the money and not have to deal with trying to claim money owed to you. But like I said not sure if there's any truth to it but does make sense when you think about it.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Im hearing on a glamis web sight that WAMUs about to go under?? Anybody???:mad::mad:

Their stock has dropped over 30% and was just rated junk because of the real estate portfolio, but WAMU is saying it has the capitol to carry it through which if they didn't cook the books they should make it through.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts