Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Painter Guy
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received yet another SPAM from Eliminator, offering a 50" Flat Screen as bait to click on their SPAM. It was sent to my yahoo address, which I entered as my contact email here. I have never contacted Eliminator, don't own one either. Where else, but the defunct Hotboat website, could Eliminator have acquired my yahoo email address?

Anyone else experience the same SPAM?

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
I've got an Eliminator and signed up and I didn't get that crap. Just so you know, they're not selling TV's, it's a freebe give away with a new boat. I'm just guessing that somebody dropping a 1/2 Mil or so on a boat, problably doesn't need a new TV.

·
Angry White Dude
135 Posts
I received yet another SPAM from Eliminator, offering a 50" Flat Screen as bait to click on their SPAM. It was sent to my yahoo address, which I entered as my contact email here. I have never contacted Eliminator, don't own one either. Where else, but the defunct Hotboat website, could Eliminator have acquired my yahoo email address?

Anyone else experience the same SPAM?
I got the same thing this morning. Ever since I regestered here I've been geting the ocational boat spam.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Get them all the time.
Only issue: my PB, OSO and HB accounts all used the same e-mail account, so I can not figure out who to go after.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Hasn't PB made repeated statements that they have not, nor will not release anybody's email address? I've gotten the same emails, just opted out. My money is on the now defunct HB.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
Hasn't PB made repeated statements that they have not, nor will not release anybody's email address? I've gotten the same emails, just opted out. My money is on the now defunct HB.
There was a discussion on my board about the same subject.. many people have new e-mail addresses since HB, yet they are getting them. (Myself included)

RD

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
Never saw that.. Thanks for the link.

So if it's not PB then I wonder who it is?

Did "shogrens" ever advertise on HB?

RD

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Ditto that. Thought remember someone saying that HotBoat sold all our e-mail address to the world.

Got the same e-mail this morning as well.:mad:

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
I've gotten email spam from all the mentioned companies and others that I've never purchased anything from too. My guess would be that one of the services that does the email blasting for one or more of these companies has shared the list with others. Since I get about 400 spam emails a day anyway it really hasn't put much of a dent in my day nor to I worry about it. I'm not discounting it's wrong, just that I personally really don't care much if I get them or not I get so much crap anyway. :p

I just hit the spam key and they go in the spam box after that.

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
I've gotten email spam from all the mentioned companies and others that I've never purchased anything from too. My guess would be that one of the services that does the email blasting for one or more of these companies has shared the list with others. Since I get about 400 spam emails a day anyway it really hasn't put much of a dent in my day nor to I worry about it. I'm not discounting it's wrong, just that I personally really don't care much if I get them or not I get so much crap anyway. :p

I just hit the spam key and they go in the spam box after that.
400 spam e-mails a day. You need a server over at Rex Marine to prevent that. ;)

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
400 spam e-mails a day. You need a server over at Rex Marine to prevent that. ;)
I use web based email just for that reason. ;)

I got enough fockin IT issues. :)

·
....like warm apple pie
1,681 Posts
I get the Eliminator ones (never signed up or owned an eliminator) and Teague too (always had jet boats and never purchased anything from Teague). Somebody somewhere is selling our info.....:)st

·
Other Side of River
1,235 Posts
What is the big deal with just deleting the Spam,a few clicks and it is gone,big deal. It's boating related info to people on a boating site and these guys are looking for ways to survive in a lousy economy.:)coffee

1 - 20 of 27 Posts