Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Passin Glass
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason My email is being spammed by vendors on here ..I would like to know how they got my email addy? I don't see it listed in my profile, I don't subscribe to them! Could someone explain how they would have gotten it and why??

G

·
For some reason My email is being spammed by vendors on here ..I would like to know how they got my email addy? I don't see it listed in my profile, I don't subscribe to them! Could someone explain how they would have gotten it and why??
You're not alone. Same here

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
That would be the one ... I "assume" PB is giving out our Email addy's ..:mad:
This only reinforces my opinion of our so called admin. Ye, who weilds a mighty keyboard. Go pound sand.

·
Administrator
11,649 Posts
Chris has addressed this several times. Search is your friend. It is not pb distributing your email addresses. I get them as well and cannot figure out the source. Some I get do not come from pb advertisers too.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Getting them as well. Thought remember reading that Hot Boat sold them out to vendors.

·
Slum Lord
2,854 Posts
Chris has addressed this several times. Search is your friend. It is not pb distributing your email addresses. I get them as well and cannot figure out the source. Some I get do not come from pb advertisers too.
Whatever :rolleyes:
If the tank has fish then its gonna smell........coincidence or not it seems we here are targeted by spam from certain advertisers. Cunning/clever job at searching for e-mail addy's? I pretty much doubt it.
Yeah, yeah, unsubscribe I'm told.........from something I never subscribed to.:mad:

·
Administrator
11,649 Posts
Getting them as well. Thought remember reading that Hot Boat sold them out to vendors.
It's very possible, but I don't think anyone knows for sure what's going on. Obviously these companies have contracted with some third party.

I get email from companies I've never purchased from, Shogren for just one example. It may be coming from some other board too if you belong there and similar companies advertise multiple boards.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Yeah, yeah, unsubscribe I'm told.........from something I never subscribed to.:mad:
I've unsubscribed several times. Still getting them.:|err

·
Administrator
11,649 Posts
Whatever :rolleyes:
If the tank has fish then its gonna smell........coincidence or not it seems we here are targeted by spam from certain advertisers. Cunning/clever job at searching for e-mail addy's? I pretty much doubt it.
Whatever Ziggy. I have no reason to lie to you about it or blow smoke up anyones ass. :(:(

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
We will never know. :D

It's very possible, but I don't think anyone knows for sure what's going on. Obviously these companies have contracted with some third party.

I get email from companies I've never purchased from, Shogren for just one example. It may be coming from some other board too if you belong there and similar companies advertise multiple boards.

·
Slum Lord
2,854 Posts
Whatever Ziggy. I have no reason to lie to you about it or blow smoke up anyones ass. :(:(
I'm not saying you lied, never insinuated it either. You're just relaying what you've been told.

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
We should start our own boating site...we could call it Hotboat ... :p
LMAO! :D

I've gotten the same thing. I just check it off as spam a couple times and my spam filter picks it out. :)bulb

·
Administrator
11,649 Posts
I'm not saying you lied, never insinuated it either. You're just relaying what you've been told.
So you are insinuating Chris is lying to us all... ;)

Somehow knowing him for 30 years I doubt that. :)

·
Administrator
11,649 Posts
LMAO! :D

I've gotten the same thing. I just check it off as spam a couple times and my spam filter picks it out. :)bulb
I agree that is the simple solution. I get 300 spam emails per day. A few from advertisers here and on other boards really don't make much of an impact one way or the other.

·
Slum Lord
2,854 Posts
So you are insinuating Chris is lying to us all... ;)

Somehow knowing him for 30 years I doubt that. :)
:confused: I won't say that either. But I will say people and employees I've known/had for several decades surprised me at times........ The mighty dollar is thicker than blood sometimes. That's what I'm insinuating :p:)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts