Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Islander Transient
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 4 speakers, is there any advantage to going with (2) 2.150s or would (1) 4.150 suffice. Seems to me the power output is the same (150) so the only advantage could be that the two would run a little cooler, but use twice the power.

Also, if I have two subs rated at 800w, should I get (2) 1.600s or (1) 1.1000?

·
....at the Speed of Sound
696 Posts
I would definately do the 4.150

For sub amp/s, it depends on what coils your subs have but probably the 1.1000.

G

·
Its always nice to over amp a little vs under. If I had the space and the coin, I'd do 2X1000 and 2 of the 150's. If you ever popped one, you'd still have some tuneage :D

·
....at the Speed of Sound
696 Posts
Focal KX33s with dual voice coils

Those are dual 2's. Series the coils on each sub and then parallel them to the 1.1000

The 2 1.600's would run a little cooler but thats too much continuos power for those subs. They are 400 rms each.

·
It is what it is
2,650 Posts
Chip, get the JL HD stuff. I like it a whole lot better. The four channel JL HD amp is incredible. Look at the specs on the two, not only does it favor the JL amp, it sounds better and plays louder IMO.

·
Islander Transient
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Those are dual 2's. Series the coils on each sub and then parallel them to the 1.1000

The 2 1.600's would run a little cooler but thats too much continuos power for those subs. They are 400 rms each.
I looked at the inputs/outputs on the 1.1000 and it has two seperate inputs/outputs so I don't think I'd need to parallel them.

Paul, I'll look at the JLs. I like the PDXs because they are small and a lot of people seem to be rnning them with good success.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts