Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
comfortably numb
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Windfall Tax on Retirement Income

Adding a tax to your retirement is simply another way of saying to the American people, you're so darn stupid that we're going to keep doing this until we drain every cent from you. That's what the Speaker of the House is saying. Read below...............

Nancy Pelosi wants a Windfall Tax on Retirement Income. In other words tax what you have made by investing toward your retirement. This woman is a nut case! You aren't going to believe this.

Madam speaker Nancy Pelosi wants to put a Windfall Tax on all stock market profits (including Retirement fund, 401K and Mutual Funds! Alas, it is true - all to help the 12 Million Illegal Immigrants and other unemployed Minorities!

This woman is frightening.
She quotes...' We need to work toward the goal of equalizing income, (didn't Marx say something like this?), in our country and at the same time limiting the amount the rich can invest.' (I am not rich, are you?)

When asked how these new tax dollars would be spent, she replied:
'We need to raise the standard of living of our poor, unemployed and minorities. For example, we have an estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in our country who need our help along with millions of unemployed minorities. Stock market windfall profits taxes could go a long way to guarantee these people the standard of living they would like to have as 'Americans'.'
(Read that quote again and again and let it sink in.) 'Lower your retirement, give it to others who have not worked as you have for it'.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Maybe someone should ask broom hilda how much of her and her husbands fortune she's going to give to the cause. Its actually good she's proposing this type of nonsense, it just gives those less than intelligent individuals that voted for these morons to actually see what they're doing. Not that that will matter.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I'm in shock that anyone would say that out loud. Well , between pelosi, Boxer, Feinstein, Kennedy, Frank, Clinton, Gore and Obama, not so surprised after all.

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
Somebady needs to take that skinny lil' witch on a boat ride about 20 miles offshore and throw her out in a pool of chum and see if there's a shark with a bad enough sense of taste to stomach her.......She is the major problem in government bar none.:|err:|err:|err:|err

·
Unhyphenated American
1,938 Posts
Somebady needs to take that skinny lil' witch on a boat ride about 20 miles offshore and throw her out in a pool of chum and see if there's a shark with a bad enough sense of taste to stomach her.......She is the major problem in government bar none.:|err:|err:|err:|err

I don't think I could have said it better myself! :|err

Fock'n libs:)st

G

·
Windfall Tax on Retirement Income

Adding a tax to your retirement is simply another way of saying to the American people, you're so darn stupid that we're going to keep doing this until we drain every cent from you. That's what the Speaker of the House is saying. Read below...............

Nancy Pelosi wants a Windfall Tax on Retirement Income. In other words tax what you have made by investing toward your retirement. This woman is a nut case! You aren't going to believe this.

Madam speaker Nancy Pelosi wants to put a Windfall Tax on all stock market profits (including Retirement fund, 401K and Mutual Funds! Alas, it is true - all to help the 12 Million Illegal Immigrants and other unemployed Minorities!

This woman is frightening.
She quotes...' We need to work toward the goal of equalizing income, (didn't Marx say something like this?), in our country and at the same time limiting the amount the rich can invest.' (I am not rich, are you?)

When asked how these new tax dollars would be spent, she replied:
'We need to raise the standard of living of our poor, unemployed and minorities. For example, we have an estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in our country who need our help along with millions of unemployed minorities. Stock market windfall profits taxes could go a long way to guarantee these people the standard of living they would like to have as 'Americans'.'
(Read that quote again and again and let it sink in.) 'Lower your retirement, give it to others who have not worked as you have for it'.
Please post up the source of this information. BTW I can't stand the hag

http://www.snopes.com/politics/pelosi/windfall.asp

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
Please post up the source of this information. BTW I can't stand the hag

http://www.snopes.com/politics/pelosi/windfall.asp
She did say is that she believes in putting a tax on 401K. The snopes article is in reference to the 100% windfall tax is an exaggerated and misquoted version of her real plan
What she actually said in an interview shortly after Obama was nominated was that she wants to tax all the annual accrued interest on the 401k as if it was yearly accessible income. Her reasoning was that only the rich can afford a 401k.
Unfortunately by exaggerating her statement and taking it out of context, her actual statement is now been dismissed as an anti-Pelosi urban myth.

·
Registered
785 Posts
'We need to raise the standard of living of our poor, unemployed and minorities."

seems the over 30 single male will be in tall cotton...?
oh yeah...they don't count on the census...

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
She did say is that she believes in putting a tax on 401K. The snopes article is in reference to the 100% windfall tax is an exaggerated and misquoted version of her real plan
What she actually said in an interview shortly after Obama was nominated was that she wants to tax all the annual accrued interest on the 401k as if it was yearly accessible income. Her reasoning was that only the rich can afford a 401k.
Unfortunately by exaggerating her statement and taking it out of context, her actual statement is now been dismissed as an anti-Pelosi urban myth.
Snopes played down her jet plane issue and they are no doubt playing this one down as well. Even if her plan is as snopes discribes, it is still vile.
I agree it is not good to exaggerate, as it does strain ones credibilty. But with Speaker Pelosi, even the exaggerations, made by her opposition, often fall short of her actual idiocy...She is a shameless demagogue, that has made a career of pandering to the nuttiest elements of our society...

G

·
Valid source.... Please

And again, in no way am I defending this person. :)sphss

http://www.taxgirl.com/ask-the-taxgirl-windfall-tax-on-retirement/

Taxgirl says:

This time of year - with elections coming up - my inbox is chock full of emails claiming one thing or another about various Senators, presidential candidates, gas company conspiracies and the like.

I tend to ignore most of them because, quite frankly, most of them are crap.

Like this one.

But since I was asked about this one, I did check it out.

For the record, Nancy Pelosi has not proposed any such tax (nor has any other member of Congress). The windfall profits tax that she has endorsed involved the oil companies. There is nothing pending in Congress, nor being kicked around in the media (other than in this chain email) that references any such tax on retirement.

The quotes attributed to Pelosi aren’t true at all.

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
Valid source.... Please

And again, in no way am I defending this person. :)sphss

http://www.taxgirl.com/ask-the-taxgirl-windfall-tax-on-retirement/

Taxgirl says:

This time of year - with elections coming up - my inbox is chock full of emails claiming one thing or another about various Senators, presidential candidates, gas company conspiracies and the like.

I tend to ignore most of them because, quite frankly, most of them are crap.

Like this one.

But since I was asked about this one, I did check it out.

For the record, Nancy Pelosi has not proposed any such tax (nor has any other member of Congress). The windfall profits tax that she has endorsed involved the oil companies. There is nothing pending in Congress, nor being kicked around in the media (other than in this chain email) that references any such tax on retirement.

The quotes attributed to Pelosi aren’t true at all.
I watched it on Fox News last summer. She was giving a speech in SFO to a group of slacker, tree hugging, gun hating, anti-religion idiots. Maybe it was an ACLU group:D.
As far as a valid source, I can only say that I watched the speech. I use to tape a lot of her out of touch ranting for some of my wife's wacko left wing friends.
After listening to her I realized she was totally out of control. I had always thought she was a wackjob, but when I heard her say that, I was convinced.

Again, she never called it by a name. She only referred to wanting to tax 401k's because, in her words, only rich people have them. This was the same speech where she wanted to artificially increase gas prices to keep it around $5 a gallon so that we would stop driving (one of Al Gore's ideas). It was her way of getting votes from the tree huggers. She had also talked about socializing medicine and increasing the tax to 60% for those that were wealthy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts