Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone pickup some Boat Candy spray from Tim and Hector at this weekend"s poker run. I picked up a bottle and wiped my boat down saturday afternoon after getting hammered by rain and it came out Awesome. Not sure what is in it but it seems to work as good or better than hot Sauce and it smells good when you spray it on.

·
LHC Architect
1,555 Posts
The Candy works good, easy on/wait 20secs/flip towel/easy off/nice shine, and it does good at water spot removal. that and it is actually putting down a REAL!!!! coat of wax...so I give it 3 thumbs up:)devil:)devil :)devil
but most important no false claims. like calling "vinegar" - "Citrus product":mad:

·
Premium Member
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Candy works good, easy on/wait 20secs/flip towel/easy off/nice shine, and it does good at water spot removal. that and it is actually putting down a REAL!!!! coat of wax...so I give it 3 thumbs up:)devil:)devil :)devil
but most important no false claims. like calling "vinegar" - "Citrus product":mad:
Karl, I noticed that after wiping my boat that it felt like it had a coat of wax on it and no smell of vinegar

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
i used it in early august while putting my boat away in about 110* heat. it worked great, smelled good, and didn't leave any streaks.

i will end up purchasing more.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Try Eagle one "wax as u dry" from checkers. It works just as good and leaves a coat of wax on it and is wayyyy cheaper.....

·
Member In Training
1,985 Posts
X2 and I always stock up on it when its on Sale.
What does this have to do with the thread title ?!? :)hammers

Met Tim and Hector over the weekend and are both great guys with a very nice product. Although not yet used on my boat, have used it on a car and other things very effectively. Continued success gents !!!

·
Registered
615 Posts
I had inquired about different boat waxes in a previous thread that I started and was contacted by PB Candy and offered a free 32oz bottle of their Speed Gloss.

I have yet to use it on my boat, but have used it on my truck and Harley and was very impressed. So much that I will use it now instead of Hot Sauce.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Did anyone pickup some Boat Candy spray from Tim and Hector at this weekend"s poker run. I picked up a bottle and wiped my boat down saturday afternoon after getting hammered by rain and it came out Awesome. Not sure what is in it but it seems to work as good or better than hot Sauce and it smells good when you spray it on.
Good people and great product.. The boat wax has a spot remover in it unlike other boat waxes.. They have some stuff coming down the pike that's truly amazing!!! I got them to come out to Bakersfield week before last and introduced them to the drag boat racing world.. Hopefully they'll be able to make it out to Firebird next month!!

They also have a wax specifically tailored for cars and trucks along with a bad a$$ leather cleaner coming out..

·
Senior Moment Member
478 Posts
I got a sample at their booth also. I have not used it yet. While at the booth, I was told that it works great on stainless steel appliances and won't leave a streaky film. I'm gonna try it on the bbq

·
Islander Transient
1,881 Posts
I've used it and Tim has proven to provide excellent customer service. Very happy with the product, his support and follow through. Highly recommend it to anyone that uses a quick detailer/spot remover type of product.

·
LHC Architect
1,555 Posts
Karl, I noticed that after wiping my boat that it felt like it had a coat of wax on it and no smell of vinegar
the way it should be;) and the point I was making, vinegar is not good for paint or gel. it's acidic and WILL!! do damage over time if you don't take the proper steps to neutralize it. Nice to see a new product that hasn't taken the shortcut of using vinegar... good job PBC:)devil

·
08 Lighting Custom Boat
869 Posts
i used it in early august while putting my boat away in about 110* heat. it worked great, smelled good, and didn't leave any streaks.

i will end up purchasing more.

I bought some on memorial weekend while I was setting in the channel. When got around to using it on my boat this product was amazing. I really like it and will be using it for a long time to come. :)

·
Registered
797 Posts
I got some from aRDy, and I wasn't impressed. It took off the basic water spots, but left the rings where the water spots were. Not be an ass, but the boat sat out in the rain later that night, and it removed all the water spot rings. Seriously. The gel coat is about 10 years old and is all red, so it gets real hot (as hot, if not hotter than black). So, that may have been a contributing factor as to why it didn't work well for me.

·
Member In Training
1,985 Posts
I got some from aRDy, and I wasn't impressed. It took off the basic water spots, but left the rings where the water spots were. Not be an ass, but the boat sat out in the rain later that night, and it removed all the water spot rings. Seriously. The gel coat is about 10 years old and is all red, so it gets real hot (as hot, if not hotter than black). So, that may have been a contributing factor as to why it didn't work well for me.
Beacause the gel coat is 10 years old, there might be more "etching" than just the every day water spots which many or most products won't address without stripping wax and all that jazz. I am no chemist, and I am sure someone much smarter than I will chime in here.

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
Boat Candy VS Others

I got some samples and a bottle of Boat Candy at the Absolute PR. Then I spent 7 hours cleaning the boat yesterday. Got a chance to test it v.s. several others. (Hot Sauce, Driven & West Marine Spot Remover) All do the job - some better than others. I remember a few years back when Driven was the product of choice then Hot sauce hit the scene. The result for my informal testings showed that for mild spots this new Boat Candy Speed Gloss was awesome and will be my new product of choice for the mild spots. I especially liked the smell and wax finish with no streaking. Hot Sauce did a better job on the tougher areas but then I had to use wax. West Marine's product is best for the really tough spots but I will only use it when I have to. So each have a place in this very competitive market. I still think that the Hot Sauce Vinyl Cleaner/Conditioner is the best I've found for vinyl.:)hand

1 - 20 of 47 Posts