Performance Boats Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
screen

if you want to feel good about screening the crap out before it gets into your engine, try one of these from McMaster-Carr. part#9875k513. i use one for my intercooler. they can handle plenty of heat and pressure, and are pretty compact. easy to add inline, easy to see if they are dirty, and easy to clean. they are big enough that they will hold a lot of crap before clogging up.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Update

Pulled the regulator last week and disassembled it. Found the screen pretty badly clogged with clay/dirt. I decided to take cyclone's advice and remove the screen. Ran the boat this weekend and oil temps stayed right at 180-190 while cruising and highest i saw was 210 when mashing on it a few times when testing hardware. Pressure was 10 PSI at 3K and 25 PSI at 5500.

screen

Lots of trash where I run- I run an in-line filter/screen deal I picked up somewhere- CP maybe- It's a black plastic puck shaped piece with 5/8" hose barbs in/out that has a clear top on it that screws off and a stainless steel cylindrical screen in it that you just pop out and clean off. The plastic/hose barb may be a deal breaker for you if you have AN lines and expensive fittings though. My rig is pretty low buck- heater hose- barbed fittings- even some pipe thread stuff in there. I have some AN stuff up on the engine and AN fuel lines, but under the engine it's all heater hose etc... The thing works great- easy to see when something gets in there, and cleaning it out is a 1 minute deal. Never had any pressure problems/leaks or any issues with it. Maybe you could find something similar with AN connections on it?

I run a -8 from the pump to a tee that drops to 2 -6 feeds that enter the block at the water jacket drains. I dump with two -8 lines at the front of the intake manifold. I have two local temp gauges in the water pump holes. It runs 150 cruising and up to 180 drivers side and 190 passenger side on a full pass. Don't know why the difference.

Attachments

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.