Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering how much of a draw off the batt running with no alt would be. I dont have anything else running, stereo etc, that would draw it down. Any guesses?

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Wondering how much of a draw off the batt running with no alt would be. I dont have anything else running, stereo etc, that would draw it down. Any guesses?
If all you did was install a points to Petronix conversion, it is no different than when it had points. The conversion is nothing more than a proximity sensor switch. What ever your draw was before, it will be the same. What is that? Who knows. Figure about 1 amp hour per 1000 RPM. No that you have that, what does that do for you? By the way, points type and HEI induction ignitions are very sensitive to voltage drop. As the voltage goes down, it kills the battery quicker, and the spark energy goes in the toilet. Bet that isn't something you wanted to hear. On a 12V system, the amount of spark energy from a induction ignition with a alternator VS without, is huge. Even with a fully charged battery. And it only gets weaker as you drive it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If all you did was install a points to Petronix conversion, it is no different than when it had points. The conversion is nothing more than a proximity sensor switch. What ever your draw was before, it will be the same. What is that? Who knows. Figure about 1 amp hour per 1000 RPM. No that you have that, what does that do for you? By the way, points type and HEI induction ignitions are very sensitive to voltage drop. As the voltage goes down, it kills the battery quicker, and the spark energy goes in the toilet. Bet that isn't something you wanted to hear. On a 12V system, the amount of spark energy from a induction ignition with a alternator VS without, is huge. Even with a fully charged battery. And it only gets weaker as you drive it.
Well I guess I'll be putting an alternator on it. Thanks
jangles

1 - 3 of 3 Posts